15 June, 2019.
Koblenz or Landau, Germany.
Successful Start Scholarship – The University of Koblenz-Landau
The International Office is able to provide limited financial support for international students within the frame of the Profil³-Project. The primary aim of this scholarship is to support qualified international students financially during their first semester at the University of Koblenz-Landau so that they can settle in and get used to living and studying in Germany.
The University of Koblenz-Landau is a young, medium-sized university. In 1990 the university emerged from the former teacher training college. In the meantime research and teaching are organised in three linked interdisciplinary subject areas entitled “Learning”, “Society” and “Environment”.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- M.Sc. Chemistry and Physics of Functional Materials (Koblenz)
- M.Sc. Ecotoxicology (Landau)
- M.Sc. Environmental Sciences (Landau)
- M.Sc. Mathematical Modeling of Complex Systems (Koblenz)
- M.Sc. Web Science (Koblenz)
For more information, click here.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES EXCEPT GERMANY.
Applications are accepted from applicants who…
- are not of German nationality.
- are accepted at University of Koblenz-Landau for one of the previously mentioned master’s programs.
- start their studies in the winter semester 2019/20.
- have achieved very good grades (GPA of 1.9 or better) in their previous studies.
- need financial support.
Applications are NOT accepted from students who…
- are exchange students or short-term students at the University of Koblenz-Landau.
- are registered only to acquire an academic certificate but not a full degree qualification.
- are of German nationality or who have completed their higher education entrance qualification or their under-graduate studies in Germany.
- receive BAföG payments.
- receive a full or partial scholarship from another organisation/institution.
For specific course requirements, click here.
Value of the scholarship
- 400 Euros per month.
- Period of support: maximum of 6 months.
Applicants who would like to apply for a master’s degree and have not completed any other master’s degree so far do not have to pay any tuition fees.
First Step: Apply for the University
Send your application directly to uni-assist.
Please note that the online application to uni-assist is not free of charge; there is a processing fee. In addition, you are required to send a signed copy of your application by mail to uni-assist under the following address:
c/o UNI-ASSIST e.V.
An admission to study at the University Koblenz -Landau can only be granted after the timely submission of all documents in the required form and paying the processing fee on time. As of 1 March 2018, the fee for the first desired course of study amounts to 75.00 EUR, and to 30.00 EUR for each additional desired course of study.
Please note that applications that are not received before the end of the deadline by mail or are incomplete are not considered for approval.
You will need to attach to the printed application form to uni -assist the following certified copies of your documents in English or German:
- (High School) Diploma which qualifies you for university admission in your home country, including a subjects and grades overview.
- Transcripts of records with a summary of subjects and grades, if you have already studied in your home country.
- Language certificates for German or English.
- Passport (page with personal data).
- Copy of the receipt of the processing fee to uni-assist.
In addition, if applicable:
- Officially certified translation of your documents if they were not issued in English or German.
In addition, applicants for a master’s program:
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree from a foreign university with a subjects and grades overview.
- Special professional/academic skills in accordance with the program requirements at the University of Koblenz –Landau.
Second Step: Apply for the scholarship
In order to apply, please hand in the following application documents:
- Properly completed, printed and signed
- Copy of the Letter of Acceptance at University of Koblenz-Landau for winter semester 2019/20.
- CV (max. 2 pages).
- Copy of passport or identity card.
Additional documents which applicants might want to hand in to support their application:
- Any relevant document which shows your social situation, e.g. certified copies (and their translations if applicable) of marriage certificates or birth certificate(s) of your child(ren) in German or English.
Please, send the documents as an email attachment to the following email address: [email protected]
Incomplete applications as well as applications which were not received in due time will not be considered!
Third Step: Selection and Results
After the submission of the application, the documents are first checked for completeness and then assessed by an internal university selection committee in terms of content. The selection of students for scholarship support is done on the basis of the written application documents. The main selection criteria are academic achievements and financial need.
A properly completed application does not guarantee scholarship support.
The applicants are informed about the outcome of the application process by the International Office via email. A decision can be expected by mid-August 2019. They ask applicants to refrain from contacting them in advance.
Please note that your application can only be considered if you submit a properly completed application form along with all the required documents within the given deadline.
Furthermore, the scholarship payments will only be started after the successful enrollment at the University of Koblenz-Landau for the winter semester 2019/20.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Sohair Ahmed ElMeligy/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Lamis Moawad / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team