30 June 2019.
TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowship Programme .
TWAS was founded in 1983 by a distinguished group of scientists from the developing world. They shared a belief that developing nations, by building strength in science and engineering, could build the knowledge and skill to address such challenges as hunger, disease and poverty. From the start, the Academy had essential support from Italian scientists .and political leaders.
TWAS and the S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences in Kolkata, India have agreed to offer fellowships to young foreign scientists from developing countries who wish to pursue research towards a PhD in physical sciences.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Chemical Sciences.
- Mathematical Sciences.
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN, OMAN, YEMEN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, TURKEY, IRAN, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
- Be a maximum age of 35 years on 31 December of the application year.
- Be nationals of a developing country (other than India). For more information click here.
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in India or any developed country.
- Hold a Masters Degree in physics, mathematics or physical chemistry. S/He must have completed at least a total 5 years of undergraduate and postgraduate studies in a recognized university or institute.
- Be accepted by a department of the S.N. Bose National Center. Prospective applicants are advised to visit the S.N. Bose National Center’s website. Requests for acceptance must be directed to the Dean (Academic Programme), S.N. Bose National Center for Sciences by e-mail ([email protected]). In contacting the Dean (Academic Programme), applicants must accompany their request for an Acceptance Letter with copy of their CV, a research proposal outline and two reference letters.
- Provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English.
- Provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship.
- Not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship.
- Be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
S.N. Bose will provide:
- A monthly stipend to cover living costs and food. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
- Free on-campus accommodation will be provided.
- The monthly stipend does not cover comprehensive health insurance. The Centre does however deduct a small contribution towards a Contributory Medical Scheme. The benefits are partial reimbursement of Doctor’s fees, medicines and/or hospitalization costs, if any, and only for costs incurred in Kolkata.
First Step: Applicants must submit an Acceptance Letter from a department of the S.N. Bose National Centre when applying, or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance the application will not be considered for selection.
Second Step: you can apply from here .
Applications for the TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowship Programme can ONLY be submitted via the online portal.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Hanan Hagag / Egypt “
Reviewed by “ Moahmed Magdi Eweda / Egypt “
“Mona Awad / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team