1 November, 2019.
United States of America.
The Getty Foundation Graduate Internships
Getty Graduate Internships are offered to graduate students who intend to pursue careers in fields related to the visual arts. Training and work experience placements are available in areas such as curatorial, education, conservation, research, publications, information management, public programs, and grant making.
Internships are offered in four programs: J. Paul Getty Trust—the J. Paul Getty Museum, the Getty Research Institute, the Getty Conservation Institute, and the Getty Foundation, as well as in Getty Publications— are located at the Getty Center in Los Angeles or the Getty Villa in Malibu. All positions are full-time beginning for twelve months from September 14, 2020, to September 10, 2021.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Visual Arts.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
From September 14, 2020, to September 10, 2021.
- Students currently enrolled in a graduate program (Master of Arts (M.A.), Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), graduate conservation certificate, or their equivalents for international applicants) in a field relevant to the internship(s) for which they are applying. or
- Individuals who have completed a relevant graduate degree (Master of Arts (M.A.), Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), graduate conservation certificate, or their equivalents for international applicants) on or after January 1, 2016, with postgraduate activities in their field, paid or unpaid.
- Grant amounts are $30,000 for twelve months,
- Plus $1,000 towards relocation expenses.
- Note: Housing is not provided.
- Support for research travel is available for up to $2,500.
- Graduate Interns are eligible to enroll in the Getty’s health care plan.
- Please note that grant funds may be subject to federal and state taxes and deductions.
Additional information about the terms of these grants is available here.
First Step: Register to apply, Once your registration request is added to the system, you will receive an email confirmation with instructions on how to proceed with submitting an application, check your e-mail.
Second Step: The link in your verification message will take you to ”Setting Password Page for your account”
Third Step: To start an application, click on ”How to Apply”, at the left of the page.
Fourth Step: Click on ”Apply: Graduate Internship Application Form” and start filling your Online Application form.
1. Personal Statement: Your Personal Statement should consist of no more than 500 words (two double-spaced pages) that explain how your Getty internship selections (choose two in order of preference) fit with your background and career goals. Include the reasons for your choice of specific departments or programs for an internship. Also describe what you hope to achieve from the experience and what you believe you can contribute.
2. Resume/Curriculum Vitae: Current resumes are required for all applicants. Please limit resumes to five pages.
3. Transcript(s)/Academic Records: They require transcripts/academic records for undergraduate degree/s (completed) and graduate degree/s (completed or in progress). Multiple transcripts must be combined into a single PDF before upload. Please be aware that they may request hard copies of official transcripts/academic records at a later date in the evaluation process.
Note: If you graduated from a school outside the United States, transcripts may be substituted with proof of completed courses and/or copies of diploma(s).
4. Letters of Recommendation (2): Applicants must request two confidential letters of recommendation submitted directly by their recommenders through the application system.
5. F-1 visa holders are required to submit copy of their I-20 form and proof that they will have enough OPT or CPT time to finish the Getty internship, if selected.
Applicants are required to complete and submit the online Graduate Internship application form by 5:00p.m. Pacific Time on November 1, 2019.
Note: We cannot accept applications hand-delivered to the Getty Center or those sent by e-mail or fax.
1- we strongly recommend use of the Google Chrome browser. The Internet Explorer (IE) browser is not compatible with our portal.
2- All applicants will be notified of the Getty Foundation’s decision in the spring of 2020.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Eslam Wahby / Egypt “
Reviewed by” Amina Hamed / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team