Application Period : January for spring semester, July for fall semester.
SNU ISI presents a unique opportunity for students to experience academic life at Seoul National University, Korea’s most prestigious university and one of the leading universities in the world. SNU ISI’s taught by distinguished SNU and visiting faculty members, offers students a chance to learn in depth about Korea and East Asia, as well as a range of topics from the disciplines of Economics and Business Management to History, Politics, Sociology, and Arts.
Since its establishment in 2007, more than two thousand students from around the world have participated in the SNU ISI program to learn, experience, and enjoy unforgettable summer of academics, activities, and long-lasting friendships.
Purpose: to provide meaningful experiences for exchange students regarding Korean culture and education; to strengthen the global competence of Korean universities.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
College of Humanities
- Korean Language and Literature
- Language and Literature
- English Language and Literature
- French Language and Literature
- German Language and Literature
- Russian Language and Literature
- Hispanic Language and Literature
- Asian Languages and Civilizations
- Korean History
- Asian History
- Western History
- Archaeology and Art History
- Religious Studies
College of Social Sciences
- Political Science and International Relations
- Political Science
- International Relations
- Social Welfare
College of Natural Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physics and Astronomy
- Biological Sciences
- Earth and Environmental Sciences
College of Agriculture & Life Sciences
- Plant Science
- Forest Sciences
- Food and Animal Biotechnology
- Applied Biology and Chemistry
- Biosystems & Biomaterials Science and Engineering
- Landscape Architecture and Rural System Engineering
- Agricultural Economics and Rural Development
College of Business Administration
- Business Administration
College of Education
- Korean Language Education
- English Education
- German Language Education
- French Language Education
- Social Studies Education
- History Education
- Geography Education
- Ethics Education
- Mathematics Education
- Physics Education
- Chemistry Education
- Biology Education
- Earth Science Education
- Physical Education
College of Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Chemical and Biological Engineering
- Architecture and Architectural Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Energy Resources Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering
- Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering
College of Fine Arts
- Oriental Painting
- Crafts and Design
College of Liberal Studies
- Liberal Studies
College of Human Ecology
- Consumer and Child Studies
- Food and Nutrition
- Textiles, Merchandising and Fashion Design
College of Music
- Vocal Music
- Instrumental Music
- Korean Music
College of Nursing
College of Pharmacy
- Manufacturing Pharmacy
College of Veterinary Medicine
- Preliminary Veterinary Medicine
- Veterinary Medicine
Interdisciplinary Programs for Undergraduates
- Computational Sciences
- Global Environmental Management
- Information Science and Culture Studies
- Media Art
- Technology Management
- Comparative Studies for East Asian Humanities
For more information, Click here.
- COLLEGE OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION is restricted to students who are currently majoring in business or economics at their home university.
- Applicants who apply for the KOREAN HISTORY/ PSYCHOLOGY/ STATISTICS MAJOR must provide proof of Korean language ability. A satisfactory level of Korean language ability should be either (1) Level 5 or above of official Korean Language Proficiency Test or (2) Level 5 or above of the Korean Test conducted at the SNU Language Institute.
- COLLEGE OF LAW is NOT open to undergraduate level students from Spring 2018.
- School of Law, a specialized law school for graduate-level students, will be open to undergraduate level students from Fall 2018. Please note that these undergraduate students will be enrolled as graduate (Master’s) students in SNU law school during their study.
Applicants who want to study in the discipline of Medicine, Pharmacy, Dentistry, Nursing, Music, and MBA must, in advance, be advised of the eligibility by SNU coordinators.
- COLLEGE OF MEDICINE is no longer available to exchange students.
- COLLEGE OF DENTISTRY is open ONLY to masters level students currently enrolled in a master program at School of Dentistry or equivalent at their home university. The student exchange program is NOT available at the undergraduate level for the College of Dentistry.
- VOCAL MUSIC MAJOR is restricted to students who are currently studying vocal music at their home university.
4 months (one term) or 10 months (two terms)
Eligibility Requirements (Criteria)
Eligibility Requirements (Criteria)
- A full-time undergraduate student of SNU Student Exchange Partner Universities.
- Completed 1 year of studies at home university.
- Good academic performance.
- Prepared to live in another culture in local conditions.
- Must not have enrolled a Korean university (in the case of the undergraduate program only).
- Must register for regular courses (language courses are not considered regular courses).
- Must possess above 80% (out of 100%)
- Must not have been sponsored by the Korean government.
- Must hold foreign citizenship (dual citizenship holder—those holding both Korean citizenship and another nationality–cannot apply).
- Must choose only one university.
- Must take a Korean language or culture class (at least one class/ two credits).
- Have a GPA 3.0 or above / 4.0
- Language proficiency of either English or Korean is highly recommended, but not compulsory. (TOEFL:IBT 88 OR ABOVE, IELTS:6.0 OR ABOVE).
- Living Expenses: 500,000 won per month.
- Settlement allowance: 200,000 won upon arrival.
- Round-trip Airfare: Reimbursement available within the set amount.
- Medical Insurance:20,000 won per month(paid by each university).
How to Apply
How to Apply
First Step: Applicants must be nominated by their universities and application package should be sent by the university by e-mail, along with a formal nomination letter for the GKS scholarship.
Second Step: The nominated students will receive detailed information on how to log in and apply online by the designated SNU coordinator.
Third Step: Apply to the exchange program through the On-line Application Form, fill in the application, and upload the scanned copies of the documents below to the application system:
- A Certificate of Enrollment from the current university you are attending.
- Official University Transcript.
- Letter of Recommendation from a professor at the current university.
- A Statement of Purpose (a free essay in English or Korean).
- A Copy of Applicant’s Passport.
- For Fine Arts, Music, and Physical Education applicants: Photographs of works/recording of performances
For more information of the exchange programme, Click here.
Fourth Step: Submit the application.
- Exchange program candidates can complete the application by online submission.
- All documents should be submitted and posted in ORIGINAL or verified as an official copy, and should be in Korean or in English. If your documents are not in Korean or in English, please have your document translated in Korean or in English and have confirmed and sealed by an authorized body.
Know more about this opportunity:
Marj3 recommended links
Marj3 recommended links
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
This Scholarship Published by:
” Fathy Mohamed / Egypt “
Reviewed by” Waad Othman/ Syria ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team