1 November 2018 (4:00 PM).
Doctoral research scholarships program for foreign students
The Doctoral Research Scholarships for International Students (DE) program of the Fonds de recherche du Québec Nature et technologies (FRQNT) aims to stimulate international student’s interest in beginning or pursuing doctoral studies in Québec and provide financial support to leading international students.
The scholarships are aimed at international students who have been preselected by a Québec university and who wish to carry out their doctoral studies in natural sciences, mathematics and engineering fields.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Information and communications technologies.
- Health technologies.
English or French.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES EXCEPT CANADA.
According to the programm.
- The eligibility period is twelve semesters or 48 months.
- Applicants are eligible for the doctoral research scholarships competition (DE) during twelve (12) consecutive semesters (or the equivalent) of the first fifteen (15) semesters of their full-time doctoral studies
- Have been preselected by a Québec university. To see the deadline for applicants to present proposals to a university, click here.
- Not have obtained a Merit Scholarship for Foreign Students from the Ministère de l’Education de l’Enseignement supérieur du Québec (MEES) or one of the Fonds de recherche du Québec
- Not be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada
- Not have submitted an application for permanent residence under Canadian immigration law.
- The maximum annual value of the Doctoral Research Scholarships for International Students is $21,000. During the eligibility period (twelve semesters or 48 months), the scholarship holder may receive up to 12 payments totalling $84,000. Each payment of up to $7,000 covers a period of four months or one semester. The 11th and 12th instalments are conditional on the initial deposit of the thesis before the end of the 12th funded semester.
First Step: create a FRQnet account from here.
Second Step: The FRQNT will then contact the preselected applicants to have them complete the electronic application form.
- The e-forms are only available in the secure section of the FRQNT FRQnet system. These forms must be filled out and submitted electronically by the competition deadline.
- The form may be completed in French or English. Applicants who submit their applications in English must provide a French translation of the project title.
- Letters of reference (online).
Documents to attach to the electronic form (PDF) (The documents listed below must be attached in the “Other documents” section of the electronic application form):
- A copy of the identification page of the applicant’s valid passport from his/her home country or any other official document that establishes the applicant’s citizenship;
- A copy of transcripts for all years of the applicant’s university studies, whether they were completed or not (certificate, diploma, bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral, etc.).
- The applicant must also provide the transcripts for any equivalencies that were granted for courses taken in other institutions or as part of other programs.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Salma Aladdin/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Somiyah Elhassawy/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team