31 August 2020
Monash International Tuition Scholarship (MITS)
Monash International Tuition Scholarships (MITS) are provided by Monash University to support international students undertaking Research Doctorate and Research Masters degrees. A MITS covers the course tuition fees that would otherwise be payable by the student.
Monash scholarships are very competitive and are awarded based on your academic record, any research outputs and prior research experience. If successful in receiving a MITS, you must familiarize yourself with the conditions and benefits as specified in the policy and procedures.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Arts (Research master degree)
- Biomedical sciences (Research master degree)
- Design (Research master degree)
- Education (Research master degree)
- Educational and developmental psychology and Philosophy (Doctorate/PhD)
- Engineering Science (Research master degree)
- Philosophy (Research master degree)
- Reproductive Sciences (Research master degree)
- Surgery (Research master degree)
For more information on courses click here.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- Education, 1.5 years.
- Surgery, 1.5 years.
- Educational and Developmental Psychology and Philosophy, 4 years.
- An International student.
- English language proficiency (IELTS 6.5-7, TOEFL 79-94, Pearson test of academic English 58-65, Cambridge English 176-185) or has English as a language of instruction at any Higher Education institution for which English is the only language of instruction, as confirmed in the World Higher Education database.
- All applicants must be able to demonstrate a capacity to carry out independent research and have adequate training and ability to pursue the proposed course of study.
- Each level of graduate research requires different academic qualifications. Check that you have the relevant academic qualifications for Master’s by research or Doctoral degree/PhD. Also check if there are any additional faculty requirements for the graduate research degree for which you wish to apply.
- Course tuition fees.
- A single Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) policy.
First Step: You will need to complete an expression of interest form and/or find a supervisor who agrees to supervise your research. This depends on the faculty/institute. It may take up to four weeks to receive an invitation, so make sure you start this as soon as you can.
Note: to receive your invitation by the faculty/institute:
Second Step: Register onto the application portal with your e-mail to receive your PIN number and password to access the application form and make sure you have copies of the following documents (You will be asked to submit original or correctly certified documents at enrollment):
- Birth Certificate.
- Marriage License (if applicable).
- Passport, or a certified copy of the identity page of your passport (usually the first page).
- Certificate of Citizenship.
- Academic curriculum vitae.
- Official academic transcripts, degree certificate from awarding institution (including an explanation of the grading schema).
- Proof of citizenship.
- Proof of meeting the English language proficiency requirements.
- Invitation to Apply.
- A letter from your employer, confirming your employment and duties performed.
In case of having any publications, you must provide:
- Proof of acceptance or publication of peer reviewed article or book/book chapter.
- Copies of conference abstracts and the front pages (including contents page) for each publication.
Third Step: Provide details of at least two referees who have informed personal and professional knowledge of your academic ability and who may exercise judgement of your research potential (You may upload a written reference provided by a referee that you have listed).
Fourth Step: State in the application form that you wish to be considered for a scholarship (You do not need to specify which scholarship you are applying as you are automatically considered for all graduate research scholarships where eligible). Make sure all your information and documents are valid then submit your application.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Farah Sameh/ Egypt“
Reviewed by” Hager Darwish/ Head’s Country ”
MARJ3 Scholarships Team