November 7th, 2018. The deadline for reference letters is November 14th, 2018.
At leading universities worldwide.
Schlumberger Foundation Fellowship
The Faculty for the Future program, launched in 2004, awards fellowships to women from developing and emerging economies to pursue PhD or Post-doctorate studies in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) disciplines at leading universities worldwide.
The program’s long-term goal is to generate conditions that result in more women pursuing scientific careers by lowering the barriers women face when entering STEM disciplines, thus reducing the gender gap. Faculty for the Future Fellows are expected to return to their home countries after completion of their studies to contribute to economic, social and technological advancement by strengthening the STEM teaching and research faculties of their home institutions, and to also pursue positions in the public sector where their newly acquired technical and scientific skills can help provide evidence-based support for STEM policy making. In so doing, they become powerful role models and help to inspire other girls and women to pursue scientific careers.
The long-term goal of the program is to generate conditions that result in more women pursuing academic careers in STEM disciplines thus contributing to the socio-economic development of their home countries and regions.
For any inquiries, Please click Here.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN, OMAN, YEMEN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, TURKEY, IRAN, CYPRUS, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
One academic year.
To be eligible to apply for this Fellowship applicants must meet the following criteria:
- are a female and are a citizen of a developing country or emerging economy*. You are not eligible to apply if you hold dual citizenship of which one is citizenship of a developed country. (N.B. If you have been awarded a Faculty for the Future grant and after the award you obtain citizenship of a developed country, the grant will be discontinued as of the date of such additional citizenship);
- are preparing for a PhD degree or post-doctoral research in the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) disciplines. Awards in biological sciences are limited to interdisciplinary research between physical and biological sciences. The Faculty for the Future program does not fund Master level studies;
- are enrolled, admitted or have applied to a host university/research institute abroad (applications are no longer accepted where a candidate has not yet applied to a university). If you are applying for a sandwich course the final degree must be awarded by the Host University abroad (i.e., not from the home country university);
- hold an excellent academic record;
- have a proven track record of teaching experience or can demonstrate commitment to teaching;
- can demonstrate active PARTICIPATION in faculty life and outreach programs to encourage young women into the sciences;
- are willing to contribute to the socio-economic development of your home country and region by strengthening the faculties in your home university, pursuing relevant research, or using your specific expertise to address public policy matters.
Faculty for the Future grants are based on actual costs for eligible expenses up to a maximum of USD 50,000 per year and may be renewed through to completion of studies subject to performance, self-evaluation, recommendation from supervisors and strong evidence of re-integration plans into the home country.
First Step: Create your own account.
Second Step: Validate your account from a verification message sent to your e-mail, check your e-mail.
Third Step: Login to your account.
Fourth Step: Press ”Your Application for 2019”.
Fifth Step: Complete your online application form and attach the required documents, then Submit.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Alyaa Abdelraouf/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Nermeen Mostafa/ Egypt & Chahineze Hakki/ Algeria”
MARJ3 Scholarships team