15th January 2020 at 11:00 PM.
San Diego, California.
The Hansen Summer Institute for Leadership and International provides a unique University-based leadership program and experience in international cooperation and conflict resolution.
A primary goal of the Hansen Leadership Institute is to create an international community of young scholars who will use their summer experience as a foundation for creating lasting friendships and acquiring skills and knowledge that will promote a more peaceful world. The program includes highly interactive, hands-on instruction in the latest techniques of conflict resolution, mediation and inter-cultural dialogue and management. Classroom training complements local excursions to San Diego historical attractions and cultural events.
Twenty five young women and men from regions of conflict across the world and the United States come together on the campus of the University of San Diego for this intense, life-changing program For three weeks each July.
The Hansen Leadership Institute aims to provide students with a “leadership toolbox” for resolving conflict and building a better future for their respective countries and across the world.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- International Relations
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN, OMAN, YEMEN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, TURKEY, IRAN, CYPRUS, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
Program will Start in July 2020.
- Upper division undergraduate with 2 years of college or university, or a graduate student with a professional interest in international relations,diplomacy, international economic development or related studies.
- Student must be between the ages of 20-25 on July 1, 2020.
- Have demonstrated leadership potential outside of the classroom, in the community, nation or region.
- Have an academic advisor verify the student’s English proficiency.
- Have a valid international passport with US visa if necessary by the time the program begins.
- Preference may be given to those who have never visited the United States.
Hansen Summer School United States is a Fully Funded Exchange Program to the USA & will Cover all the Expenses.
- Round Trip International Airfare Tickets.
- DS-2019 – Student and Exchange Visitor (SEVIS) fee.
- Health Insurance for the duration of the program.
- Full Accommodation.
- Full Meals for the duration of the Program.
- Transportation to/from the campus to all meetings and activities.
- Program Materials.
- Certificate of Participation.
- Exposure & Trips San Diego historical attractions & cultural events.
First Step: create a new account from here.
Second Step: upload the requirement document.
- Click on any section and start answering the questions in the order in which they appear on the page. If you are under the age of 21, a parent or guardian’s signature will be required on the Agreement.
- All applicants must submit two references: one from an academic referee and one from a community organization or NGO. We will not consider your application without them. Please note that the referees themselves must submit their references, which include a brief questionnaire and a letter of recommendation. Follow the instructions in the application to submit the contact information for your referees. Then they will receive an email that explains how to upload their recommendation to your application.
- You can save your work and submit the application at a later time. Be sure to click the “Save” button at the bottom of each section. There is a time-out feature. If a page remains idle for 20 minutes, it will not automatically save your work. You will be required to log back in.
- Each section below must read 100% in order to submit your application. If a section does not read 100%, you missed a required question(s) in that section.
- When you are ready to submit, click the “Final Review and Submit” button to verify your attachments have uploaded correctly and the application contains all necessary information.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Omima Alaa El Din/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Amina Hamed / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team