September 30, 2019 at 11:59 PM EST
South Asia Institute Harvard University- Crossroads Emerging Leaders Program 2020
The Program is a prestigious and a fully funded career development opportunity for students from across the world, who are the first member of their family—or the first generation within their family—to attend university and facing challenges of financial and social circumstances. Following a rigorous multi-stage evaluation process, exceptional students are selected from a diverse applicant pool to take part in this unique educational experience. The third edition of The Crossroads Program expands to include targeted online sessions ahead of an in-person learning experience conducted in Dubai.
The ultimate aim of the Crossroads Program is to create a diverse pipeline of future graduate students at leading universities, such as Harvard, and future leaders from across an array of social-economic, racial and cultural backgrounds. In 2020, the Crossroads Program expands to include more eligible countries and curated online sessions that will culminate in the week-long Dubai experience held at Dubai International Financial Center’s Academy. Leading Harvard faculty members will teach an extensive and multi-disciplinary curriculum, that includes a combination of case studies, small discussion groups, discussion on potential career paths, and information on applying to Harvard.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Culture exchange
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN, OMAN, YEMEN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, TURKEY, IRAN, CYPRUS, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
From March 31, 2020 to April 5, 2020.
To be eligible for Round One, candidates:
- Must be between 18-24 years old.
- Must hold a passport or national document.
- Must be the first member of their family — or the first generation within their family — to attend university.
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate university program or a recent graduate from a university within the last three years.
- Must be facing challenges of financial and social circumstances.
- Must be fluent in English.
To be considered for Round Two, candidates:
- Must submit a PDF copy of their existing and valid passport from their home country with at least 7 months validity as of March 25, 2020 until the expiration date.
- Must reside in or be able to travel to an Air Arabia destination city at their own expense. A full list of Air Arabia destination cities can be found here.
- Must be facing or have faced challenging financial circumstances.
- Must not have studied, worked or traveled beyond their region unless to a developing country.
- Must submit an updated one-page resume.
- Must submit an official or unofficial academic transcript showing the candidate’s grades.
- Must submit a personal statement of 600 words or less describing their interest in pursuing this program. This statement must be in English, double-spaced, in 12-point size font and saved in PDF format.
- Must submit two letters of recommendation uploaded directly into the online application form.
- Must submit a recent passport photo (dimensions: 2 x 2 inches / 51mm x 51mm) with a white background.
- The program is free and it will cover the costs of international travel from select locations.
- Board, lodging, and class materials are also covered.
- Visa costs are the responsibility of selected candidates.
First Step: Go to this link to create an XID account
Second Step: Login to CARAT from here and fill in your information.
Third Step: Fill the application for Crossroads Emerging Leaders Program.
For more details about applying, click here.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“ Omar Khair/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Samah Gacem/ Algeria
& Egypt/ Rahaf Elkhodary”
MARJ3 Scholarships team