31 October 2018
Heinz Neumüller Stiftung
Thus the Heinz Neumüller Stiftung annually supports from the fields of engineering, law, computer, economic, and natural sciences such doctoral candidates at the University of Oldenburg “who have distinguished themselves during their studies through ability, initiative and responsibility”.
On the occasion of his 75th birthday the entrepreneur announced the establishment of a foundation in order to support young scientists in Oldenburg. Only a month earlier, the founding of the Heinz Neumüller Stiftung had already been carried out for this very purpose. Two years before his death, in 1998, Neumüller was awarded an honorary doctorate in recognition of his achievements by the University of Oldenburg.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Natural Sciences.
English And Germany.
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN, OMAN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, TURKEY, IRAN, CYPRUS, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
Applicants can apply on their own or be recommended by a faculty member. In both cases the following qualifications have to be met:
- Master’s degree or diploma (no M. Ed.) in one of the subjects listed above.
- Dissertation topic is completely or partly based in one of the subjects listed above.
- Affiliated with the University of Oldenburg.
- It is important to the foundation that scholarship recipients are or have been members of the University of Oldenburg. Thus, applicants have to be either currently enrolled as PhD students or previously enrolled in a degree program leading up to the current dissertation project.
The application and selection process works as follows:
- Applications are accepted only during the application period (see on the right). The cover letter is to be addressed to the university management, but documents are to be submitted — via online application form — to the Servicepoint Scholarships.
- After the application deadline all applications are examined by the Servicepoint Scholarships. Where required, missing documents are requested – usually via e-mail.
- The board of the Heinz Neumüller Stiftung will select candidates and will suggest these to the board of trustees for decision.
- The board of trustees selects the scholarship recipients for the coming year.
- All applicants receive their results from the foundation.
- The scholarship starts in the beginning of the next year.
- In the first quarter of the following year, scholarships are officially awarded during a small ceremony with members of the foundation and all scholarship recipients present.
- A monthly maximum grant amount of 400,00 €.
First Step: Apply for degree PhD at the university HERE
Second Step: Apply for the Scholarship through the online application form HERE.
Third Step: Complete the application contains at least the following documents (in copy or original):
- Personal cover letter.
- (Tabular) description of the previous course of life and studies.
- Diploma and diploma supplement for the degree qualifying for doctoral studies.
- Certificate of matriculation.
- Exposé and schedule for the dissertation.
- Letter of confirmation from the dissertation supervisor that the dissertation project has been offered, including the topic and a statement on its relevance for the future development of science.
- Letter of recommendation from a second faculty member.
Fourth Step: Submit your application.
Please note: All relevant documents and information have to be provided in either German or English.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Salma El-Noby/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Nashwa Attallah/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team