15 January 2019
Humboldt Universität-Humboldt Research Track Scholarship
The Humboldt Research Track funding line is designed to support outstanding Master’s students from Humboldt-Universität who plan to pursue a Ph.D. Graduates from other universities may also be funded if they pursue a Ph.D. at Humboldt-Universität.
The program offers funding for the transition phase between the end of a Master’s program and the beginning of Ph.D. level research. The scholarship helps recipients to focus on the preparation of their Ph.D. proposal.
Requirements for funding are:
- Excellent academic results
- An original, high-quality Ph.D. proposal.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Administration & Government
- Animal Science
- Computers & IT
- Outer Space
- Human Rights
- International Affairs
- Sport & Fitness
- Video & Photography
English or German.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- Applicants should be outstanding Master’s students as well as graduates who plan to pursue their PhD at Humboldt-Universität or – if you graduated from Humboldt-Universität – at another university in Germany or abroad.
- Applicants must have excellent academic results or an excellent degree and an original, high-quality Ph.D. proposal.
- Proof of examinations passed and academic certificates (Master’s degree, doctorate)
- Notable achievements, distinctions, and prizes.
- Assessment in accompanying the letter of recommendation
- Scientific quality and originality of the proposal.
- Relevance to the field.
- Collaboration with other working groups and/or disciplines.
- International cooperation as part of the project.
- Assessment in accompanying expert review (only for Research Track).
- Level of commitment, duration of the study, the accuracy of the documents.
- International experiences while studying and/ or doing a doctorate.
- Interdisciplinary orientation of previous work and experience (study, internships, positions held).
- Extracurricular activities.
- Special personal or family circumstances.
- Funding of 800 EUR per month is awarded for up to six months. Scholarship holders with children receive an additional 400 EUR a month for the first child, plus 100 EUR for each additional child.
- In exceptional cases, funding can be extended for up to an additional six months
- Applications can be submitted via the online application portal only.1. To access the application form, you first need to register. You create an applicant profile when you register and then receive access to a password-protected section for applicants2. You will need to upload the following documents in the application portal:
- Curriculum vitae “CV” (max. 2 pages)
- Certificate of your degree results. If you have not yet completed your degree, please include an overview of your grades with a preliminary overall grade and proof of your expected degree (e.g. confirmation from the examination office that you have submitted your master’s thesis).
- A general outline of your proposal (max. 2,250 characters). The Humboldt Research Track Scholarship is designed to help students prepare their thesis, so they do not expect a final description of the project.
- A certified translation of any documents that are not written in German or English. If your application is successful you will be asked to present the originals of these documents.
- If you have already published any articles, you have the option of uploading them.
- Additional documents can be uploaded in PDF or JPEG format. If you have more than one document for a category, please combine them into one file (max. 5 MB)3. You need to:
- Find a professor from Humboldt-Universität who agrees to write an Expert review for you and to act as your mentor during the funding period before you submit your application.
- Get a Letter of recommendation from your Master’s thesis supervisor or one of the lecturers from your Master’s degree programme is required as part of your application documents.
- Letters of recommendation and expert reviews should be signed by the person who wrote them and sent directly to the address given below. The subject line of the letter must include the name of the funding line and the name of the applicant.By e-mail: hgs-grants @ hu-berlin.de
Re. Humboldt Research Track Scholarship + nameBy fax: +49 30 2093 1718By post:
Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Humboldt Graduate School
Humboldt Research Track Scholarships
Unter den Linden 6
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Rania Khalaf/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Salma Aittaleb/ Morocco ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team