21 January 2019.
University of Siegen – HYT Master Scholarship
Each semester the University of Siegen’s House of Young Talents (HYT) offers scholarships for academics at the beginning of their master degree.
A scholarship at the HYT Academy includes monthly funding, an annual budget for activities and purchases related to the degree as well as an interdisciplinary colloquium.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Faculty of Arts:(Applied Linguistics: Communication & Foreign Languages at Work, International Cultural History Studies, (Literary science: literature, culture, media), media Culture, Media and society, philosophy, Roads to Democracy (ies) (Language: English), social sciences, (Linguistics: German, English, Romance languages))
- Further supplementary subjects: (history, Theater education)
- Education · Architecture · Arts: (Architecture: Planning and building in existing buildings, Education and Social Work, Urban planning NRW)
- Economics, Business Informatics and Business Law: (Accounting, Auditing and Taxation, Controlling and risk management, German and European Business Law, Economic Policy, Entrepreneurship and SME Management, Human-Computer Interaction, Management and markets, Plural economics, business computer science)
- Faculty of Natural Sciences and Technology: (Civil Engineering, Chemistry (Language: English), Electrical engineering, vehicle construction, Computer Science (Language: German), Computer Science (Language: English), International Project Engineering and Management (IPEM), mechanical engineering, Materials Science & Materials Engineering, mathematics, Mechatronics (Language: English), Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (Language: English), Physics (Language: German or English), industrial engineering)
English and German (for programs taught in German).
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
Up to 2 years.
- excellent recipients of Bachelor’s degrees.
- pursuing, or intend to pursue, a Master course at the University of Siegen.
- Bachelor’s degree not to have been completed earlier than March 31, 2018 (date of the final examination). Exceptions are possible if there has been (documented) relevant extra-university employment, permanent health impairments or
long-term illnesses or family caretaking phases between completion of the Bachelor’s degree and the start of the Master course, and also for applicants from abroad who have experienced delays due to visa processing and the like.
- 400 EUR per month.
- Additional funding: for research travel, participation at conferences or similar events, research-related procurements and invitation of external guests, the use of such funds is restricted to 750 EUR per scholarship year per person.
- The HYT Young Academy offers its own events.
First Step: Fill the Data Sheet.
Second Step: Prepare the following documents:
- Completed data sheet.
- A motivation letter of the applicant describing the aims of study and career.
- CV (in tabular form) of the applicant including a list of publications and presentations if applicable.
- Assessment report on the Bachelor thesis.
- Assessment of the applicant by the mentor.
- Xerox of the bachelor’s or comparable certificate. In exceptional cases, the degree certificate can be (after consultation) substituted for by the official transcript of records, Complete transcript of records.
- If available: Proof of enrolment (matriculation) in a Master’s study course at the University of Siegen; if no enrolment has taken place yet this can be done until the beginning of the scholarship.
- Declaration of commitment of the applicant.
- Declaration of commitment of the advisor.
Third Step: These documents must be received as a combined electronic document (PDF) via email at the address [email protected]
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Adla Abou Steiti/ Palestine “
Reviewed by” Lamis Moawad/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team