21 January 2019.
University of Siegen – HYT Master Scholarship
Each semester the University of Siegen’s House of Young Talents (HYT) offers scholarships for academics at the beginning of their doctoral degree.
A scholarship at the HYT Academy includes monthly funding, an annual budget for activities and purchases related to the degree as well as an interdisciplinary colloquium.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- “Locating Media” Graduate School
- Doctoral Research School “Democracy and Capitalism”
- International PhD degree programme for Educational Science and Psychology (INEDD)
- Research School Business & Economics (RSBE)
- MOSES (Make sensing smart … Zentrum für Sensorsysteme)
- International Postgraduate Programme (IPP) Multi Sensorics
- Research School “Imaging New Modalities”
English and German (for programs taught in German).
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
Up to 2 years.
- excellent recipients of Master degree.
- pursuing, or intend to pursue, a PhD course at the University of Siegen.
- Master’s degree not to have been completed earlier than March 31, 2018 (date of the final examination). Exceptions are possible if there has been (documented) relevant extra-university employment, permanent health impairments or long-term illnesses or family caretaking phases between completion of the Master’s degree and the start of the PhD, and also for applicants from abroad who have experienced delays due to visa processing and the like.
- 1,500 Euros per month.
- Additional funding: for research travel, participation at conferences or similar events, research-related procurements and invitation of external guests, the use of such funds is restricted to 1500 EUR per scholarship year per person.
- An additional monthly family component of 100 EUR per child under the age of 18 (older if handicapped) will be granted upon request and documentation, up to a total of 300 EUR per month.
- The HYT Young Academy offers its own events.
First Step: Fill the Data Sheet.
Second Step: Prepare the following documents:
- Completed data sheet.
- Motivation letter of the applicant.
- Draft describing the PhD project (no more than seven pages in total).
- CV (in tabular form) of the applicant, including a list of publications and presentations if applicable.
- Assessment of the applicant by the advisor with statement on the perspectives of continuous financing until the completion of the PhD.
- Xerox of the Master’s or comparable certificate (in exceptional cases the degree certificate can be dispensed with complete transcript of records if not yet available; consult HYT).
- Documentation of enrolment with the University of Siegen in an appropriate course (if not yet available, this can be dispensed with, but has to be provided at the earliest).
- Declaration of commitment of the applicant.
- Declaration of commitment of the advisor If applicable.
- Child’s/children’s birth certificate/s for granting the family component.
Third Step: These documents must be received as a combined electronic document (PDF) via email at the address [email protected]
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Adla Abou Steiti/ Palestine “
Reviewed by” Lamis Moawad/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team