6 August 2018.
Contest for Youth Engagement in Energy, Water, & Transport
International Finance Corporation (IFC) and International Youth Foundation (IYF) have launched a new publication Creating Value Through Global Youth Engagement: A Smart Investment for the Infrastructure and Natural Resource Industries. To highlight cases and best practices of engaging youth in the workforce, IFC is hosting a contest inviting young people to submit multimedia projects on the youth report’s themes and/or write-ups of examples of innovative youth engagement in action.
Engaged and mobilized youth can help energy, water, and transport sectors reach core business goals, core infrastructure, and community development objectives. While it takes many forms, youth engagement offers tremendous opportunities for companies in emerging markets to prepare the next fast-growing generation of skilled workers, including young women; develop new value chains; mitigate sustainability risks; bolster local and national economic development; and capitalize on technical innovations and evolving communications.
The contest aims to inspire and create a dialogue on innovative ways to engage young people while addressing some of the problems and needs of communities and companies.
Specializations for studying on this opportunity:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
Winners Announced: 12 August, International Youth Day.
- Youth between the ages of 15 and 30 are invited to submit content around core themes of energy, water, and transport.
- The Competition is open to nationals of ALL countries. Participation is encouraged from eligible individuals with the drive to innovate regardless of their occupation (working professionals, students, NGO leaders, government officials, start-up creators, technical experts or any other).
- Submissions can be in the form of (1) a multi-media projector (2) a case study.
Find out about for criteria of both here.
- Feel free to reference the publication for inspiration.
- IFC will feature and promote Finalists’ and Winners’ ideas on the commdev.org website and social media platforms
- It will make efforts invite Winners to events (for example virtual webinars, virtual workshops, World Bank Youth Summit).
- Winners will also receive a certificate from IFC.
Note: Any event invitation would not include any expenses for travel or accommodation.
All submissions should be emailed to: [email protected]
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Raghda M. Nagy/ Egypt ”
Reviewed by” ” Somiyah Elhassawy/ Egypt “
MARJ3 Scholarships team