July 25, 2018
Basic Biomedical Research Fellowships
The Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance is an £160 million initiative funded equally by the Wellcome Trust, UK and Department of Biotechnology, India. The broad aim of the India Alliance is to build excellence in the Indian biomedical scientific community by supporting future leaders in the field.
Specializations for studying on this opportunity:
- Biomedical science.
- Veterinary Medicine.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES
The fellowship has tenure of five years.
- There are no age or nationality restrictions.
- The Senior and Intermediate Fellowship (SIF) competition is open for basic science/veterinary researchers with 4 -15 years of post-PhD research experience.
- The Applicants are advised to choose the most appropriate scheme suitable for them based on their qualification, research experience, career trajectory and track record.
- Please refer to the provisions and mandate of the schemes for assessing your eligibility.
- Typically, Intermediate Fellowships are considered suitable for applicants with 4-7 years of post-PhD research experience who have been successful in building a track record of pursuing a cutting edge research and wish to establish their own independent research.
The India Alliance only provides Fellowships for 60 months duration. The cap for the Fellowship amounts is available under costing policies.
The fellowship provides:
- The Fellow’s Personal Support.
- Research expenses.
- Additional allowances for scientifically justified visits of up to one year to an external laboratory either in India or abroad.
- The total award for an Intermediate Fellowship typically includes the costs requested by the applicant as well as the set contributions by the India Alliance.
For further details, see costing policies.
Refer to the IASys user guides for guidance on completing the application form and the submission process (You are required to complete and submit a preliminary application through IASys by the published deadline)
Please ensure that you submit a complete preliminary application; the India Alliance is unwilling to take into account the delays that may be caused by an incomplete application.
Full applications must be submitted using IASys, our online application system. The link to access the Full Application is provided in the email invitation
Applicants who have limited/unreliable access to the internet should email the Office in the first instance: info-at-indiaalliance.org.
Full applications require a synergistic interaction between all the individuals named on the application such as the applicant, sponsor, research sponsor, fellowship supervisor, host institution administration etc., and it is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that it is submitted by the prescribed deadline. Late applications received due to delays caused between participants on an application will not be accepted.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Rofida Atif / Egypt “
Reviewed by” Abdullah Nassar/ Egypt”
MARJ3 Scholarships team