30 April 2020, 17:00 BST.
.Low- or middle-income countries
.International Intermediate Fellowships
Wellcome Foundation exists to improve health by helping great ideas to thrive. they support researchers, they take on big health challenges, they campaign for better science, and they help everyone get involved in science and health research. They are a politically and financially independent foundation.
Intermediate/early-independent researchers typically have a Ph.D. and significant post-doctoral research experience. At this career stage, a researcher is expected to have already made significant research contributions. These may include publications, patents, software development, impact on health policy or practice, technology development or product discovery and development. They will clearly be driving the work (usually evidenced by publications) and will be starting to lead their own research (e.g. developing collaborations and networks independently of their current Principal Investigator/supervisor, or publishing as the senior author). They will have the research maturity to independently design, manage and lead a creative and innovative research programme and will be starting to develop an international reputation for excellence in their field.
By the end of this fellowship you should:
- Have achieved international standing in your area of research.
- Be leading your own research programme.
- Have the skills and experience to apply for senior level fellowships or permanent positions at a research organization.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Public health.
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN, OMAN, YEMEN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, TURKEY, IRAN, CYPRUS, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
1. You’re a national of a low- or middle-income country.
check here to know more information about low and middle income countries .
2. Your proposed research focuses on a health priority in a low- or middle-income country.
3. You have sponsorship from an eligible host organization in a low- or middle-income country:
- be not-for-profit research organizations.
- be able to sign up to our Grant Conditions.
- have a mission statement that’s broadly in line with Wellcome’s.
4. Your organization may be asked for additional information if they:
- haven’t recently received Wellcome funding.
- haven’t received Wellcome funding before.
5. You have a Ph.D. or you’re a clinically qualified doctor (and qualified to enter higher specialist training), vet, dentist or a clinically qualified psychologist.
6. Have significant research experience.
7. You have made important contributions to your area of research eg publications, patents, software development or any impact on health policy or practice.
8. You should be driving your own research and be ready to lead an independent research programme.
- Salary and research expenses covered.
Level of funding:Usually £400,000 to £800,000 for salary and research expenses.
First Step: Create an account on Website.
Second Step: Fill in your Personal Information and submit your personal statement.
Third Step: Submit your preliminary application.
When the organization considers your application, they’ll look at:
- Your research contributions.
- The scientific merit of your proposed project.
- The significance of the research.
- The feasibility of your proposal.
- The suitability of your sponsor and host environment for both your research and for the development of your independent career.
Fourth Step: After Reviewing the preliminary applications and Submit your full application to your host organization for approval.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Eslam Elfouly / Egypt “
Reviewed by” Hadeer mahfouz/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team