1 March, 2019.
International Master of Science in Marine Biological Resources
The International Master in Marine Biological Resources (IMBRSea), is a joint Master programme organized by ten leading European universities in the field of marine sciences: Ghent University (BE), Sorbonne Université (FR), University of the Algarve (PT), University of Oviedo (ES), Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology (IE), University of the Basque Country (ES), Polytechnic University of Marche (IT), University of Bergen (NO), Université de Bretagne Occidentale (FR) and Université Côte d’Azur (FR), supported by fourteen Marine Research Institutes belonging to the European Marine Biological Resource Centre (EMBRC). Based on the objectives of the EMBRC consortium, IMBRSea covers a wide range of subjects related to the sustainable use of marine biological resources. With an emphasis on marine biological and ecological processes, the programme links biology of marine organisms and environmental studies with subjects in marine policy and planning.
- Study at a choice of 9 European universities and receive one joint degree.
- Complete 120 ECTS over two years including a 30 ECTS thesis.
- Gain access to Europe’s top marine research institutes.
- Be part of an international student community.
- Experience the diversity of European marine ecosystems.
- Choose a thematic specialization fit to your own personal interests.
- Gain valuable skills through extensive practical and laboratory training.
- Present your thesis at an international open symposium.
- Research projects as an integral part of your study programme.
- Participate in a 10 days field research project during the IMBRSea Joint School.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- marine sciences
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- A Bachelor degree in biology, ecology, environmental sciences, oceanography, marine sciences, geography, geology, or other equivalent degrees with a minimum of 180 ETCS at the latest by 1st September of 2018 and for non-European students preferably before 1st March 2018.
- Knowledge of the English language is considered as a basic requirement. All students must provide evidence of their proficiency in English through one of the following documents:
A recent TOEFL Certificate: minimum score: 570 points (paper) or 87 points (internet).
A recent IELTS Certificate: minimum score: 6.5.
A recent Certificate of a University Language Centre testifying that the student masters the necessary.
knowledge of English to function academically (specify CEF-level / minimum CEF-level B2).
A recent Cambridge English certificate: Cambridge English First (FCE) – grade A or B.
A certificate proving that you have followed at least 1 year of higher education in English.
- Information needed to complete an online application:Copy of a valid passport.
Copy of your Europass CV.
University degree and other relevant degrees.
Completed motivation form.
Documentation of language proficiency.
Other relevant documentation and references.
Contact details of at least 2 academic referees.
Study fees for IMBRSea are set at € 9000 for non-EU students. Fee-waivers have been installed for self-funding students. With a fee-waiver non-EU students pay € 4500 per year. & Study fees for IMBRSea are set at € 4500 for EU students. EU students pay € 3500 per year. More information about study costs is available here.
First Step: Preparing for IMBRSea.
Second Step: make an IMBRSea personal account in the IMBRSea application tool – enter here.
Third Step: enter all required data in the IMBRSea application tool enter here:
- personal data
- study overview
- language skills
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Haya Elazab/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Hagar Mohamed Khalil/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team