31 July, 2018
Essex International Visiting Fellowships
Essex International Visiting Fellowships are prestigious, competitive awards for high performing, established academics and researchers. This flagship program provides support for outstanding researchers to undertake a period of research at Essex that is of major importance in its field and of significant benefit to Essex’s research.
The program provides a platform to:
- work with Essex academics on a research project or publication.
- champion Essex as a center of scholarly excellence at an international level.
- raise the profile of the multi-disciplinary research community at Essex.
- enrich the research and training environment for early career postgraduate and postdoctoral scholars at Essex.
The Essex International Visiting Fellowship program has two options:
Short-stay Essex International Visiting Fellow
This fellowship enables researchers to spend a period of 14 days at Essex. There are three calls for applications:
- Call 1 2018/19 – For visiting Fellowships between September-December 2018, submit by 31 July
- Call 2 2018/19 – For visiting Fellowships between January-April 2019, submit by 30 November
- Call 3 2018/19 – For visiting Fellowships between May-July 2019, submit by 31 March
Extended-stay Essex International Visiting Fellow
This fellowship enables researchers to spend between six and ten months at Essex.
- Applications are open until 31 July 2018 for visits starting in September 2018.
Specializations for studying on this opportunity:
- To find out the available Specializations click here.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES
Between six and ten months.
- Essex International Visiting Fellowships are open to researchers based outside the United Kingdom, who have a sustained track record of significant output, as demonstrated in peer-reviewed literature, and a strong commitment to quality research outputs. PhD students and post-doctoral students are not eligible for the scheme.
- International Visiting Fellows applications must be supported by a senior Essex academic and during their visit it is expected that the Fellow(s) will contribute to the wider activity of the University, engaging with a wide cross-section of the research community.
- We cannot accept applications to either our Southend or Loughton Campuses. Should you wish to visit one of these campuses, please see our staff mobility information for other funding opportunities.
- Please keep in mind that the International Visiting Fellowship is awarded on a competitive basis.
An Essex International Visiting Fellowship includes:
- economy travel for the Visiting Fellow (return journey).
- self-catering accommodation, including the cost of utilities.
- a contribution to subsistence (£100 per week).
Award holders are given the title International Visiting Fellow for the period of their stay.
First Step: Create an account
Second Step: Complete the form
The form has several sections which you are asked to mark section as complete (using the tick boxes). You must do this for each section, otherwise you will not be able to submit your application.
In addition, sections marked with an asterisk (*) are compulsory. Your application will not progress without completing these sections. The form has information circles (marked ‘I’) that provide help when filling out the form.
Third Step: Upload documents
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Alyaa Abdelraouf /Egypt”
Reviewed by” Hazem T. Dawoud / Palestine”
MARJ3 Scholarships team