Applications are open all year and will close one month before the relevant study session for the chosen program:
Session 1 deadline February 4, 2019.
Session 2 deadline May 8, 2019.
Study Period 2 deadline February 4, 2019.
Study Period 3 deadline March 29, 2019.
For more information on key dates, click here.
Southern Cross University, Australia main campuses:
a. Gold Coast, Queensland
b. Lismore, New South Wales
c. Coffs Harbour, New South Wales
This scholarship aims to attract new female international students wanting to study a full undergraduate or postgraduate degree from the School of Environment, Science and Engineering or School of Health and Human Sciences.
Southern Cross University (SCU) is an Australian public university, with campuses at Lismore and Coffs Harbour in northern New South Wales, and at the southern end of the Gold Coast in Queensland.
Southern Cross University is one of the Asia-Pacific’s Top 100 Universities.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- School of Environment, Science and Engineering:
- School of Health and Human Sciences:
For more information, click here.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES EXCEPT AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND.
Between 1 and 5 years.
depending on the chosen course.
- The applicant is a female international onshore student wanting to study a full undergraduate or postgraduate degree from the School of Environment Science and Engineering or School of Health and Human Science at the Gold Coast, Lismore or Coffs Harbour campus only.
- The student is not a citizen or permanent resident of Australia or New Zealand.
- The student must have high academic performance in maths and science and meet the minimum admission requirements of the University, including English language proficiency.
- Undergraduate entry: A qualification equivalent to Australian Year 12 and the required entry grade for the chosen program (Check equivalency here) and English language proficiency comparable to Academic IELTS 6.0 overall with no band less than 5.5 (Check equivalency for other tests here).
- Postgraduate entry: A qualification equivalent to an Australian Bachelor degree, and English language comparable to Academic IELTS 6.5 (Check equivalency for other tests here).
- Some courses in allied health, nursing, midwifery and health sciences have inherent requirements.
- Students must successfully complete all units in their first session, by obtaining at least a pass in all units, to remain eligible for the scholarship.
- $5000 paid in the second session of full-time study as a reduction in tuition fee.
First Step: Applying for the University
- Southern Cross University accepts applications through:
Applicants from Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and Libya must apply through an Education Agent.
- For direct applications: Complete the International Application for Admission form and attach all supporting documents, to avoid delays including:
- Certified copy of academic transcripts (including grading system).
- English language test results (eg. IELTS, TOEFL or other).
- Academic or employer references (if required).
- Advanced Standing application (if relevant). Advanced standing refers to previous study or work experience, which may reduce time off the duration of the degree.
Southern Cross University recommends that your application be received at least two months before you intend to start your study.
- The university’s information:
Gold Coast, Lismore, Coffs Harbour
Email: [email protected]
Mail/courier: Southern Cross University – SCU International Admissions
PO Box 157 Military Road, Lismore NSW 2480, Australia.
T: +61 2 6620 3876
- You will need to bring your original documents to Australia as they may need to be verified.
- Your application will be acknowledged by Southern Cross University or an approved Education Agent upon receipt (and you will be notified of the outcome within ten days directly).
Second Step: Applying for the scholarship
- You can either:
- Fill and submit your SCU International Women in STEM Scholarship Application with your International Application for Admission to: [email protected]
- Apply through a Southern Cross University Education Agent.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Sohair Ahmed ElMeligy/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Reem Khaled / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team