Open until April 2019.
Machine Learning Intern – Orlando, Summer 2019
The Walt Disney Attractions Technology (WDAT) team combines custom technology solutions with creativity to produce robust applications that enhance all aspects of the guest experience. From one of the most sophisticated hotel reservation systems in the world to Disney Cruise Line shipboard systems, Disney Vacation Club member services, FastPass ticketing, PhotoPass, and even inventory applications to ensure we have the right number of cast costumes.
What you bring to the role…
- Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Strong working knowledge of probability and statistics and application of these to learning models
- Developer skills in Java and Python.
- Familiarity with machine learning libraries like Spark MLLib, AWS Machine Learning, Mahout, JSAT or similar
- Solid grounding in data science and information management disciplines
- Understanding of Data Lake, Big Data, Hadoop concepts.
- Understanding of Data Security concepts
- Understanding of Linux operating system and networking fundamentals.
- Understanding of JSON Messaging
- Understanding of TensorFlow, SciKit, Spark ML and Keras
- Problem solving and analysis skills
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with SciPy, Numpy, Pandas and/or other mathematic library
- Understanding of Agile development practices.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Computer Science
- Management Information Systems
- Computer Engineering
- Data Science or related field
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN, OMAN, YEMEN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, TURKEY, IRAN, CYPRUS, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
May 2019 – August 2019
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Junior, Senior, Graduate Level student or recent graduate (within 6 months of graduating) pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Data Science or related field
- Housing: A limited amount of company sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. If company sponsored housing is not available, the intern must be willing to provide their own housing for the duration of the internship.
First Step: Create an account on the website From here.
Second Step: Fill the application form.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Hend Younis/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Amari Assam/ Algeria ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team