3 February 2020
Opens three times a year.
The Fund for Investigative Journalism (FIJ)
FIJ’s Board of Directors looks for: stories that break new ground and expose wrongdoing – such as corruption, malfeasance, or abuse of power – in the public and private sectors. FIJ encourages proposals written for ethnic media as well as those submitted by journalists of color.
The Fund for Investigative Journalism was founded in 1969 by the late Philip M. Stern to journalists balancing the scales of justice as in the fight against racism, poverty, corporate greed and governmental corruption. FIJ encourages proposals written for ethnic media as well as those submitted by journalists of color.
Specializations on this opportunity:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES
Generally one year after the grant is issued
- Story proposals must come from US-based reporters or have a strong US angle, involving American citizens, government or business.
- All stories must be published in English and have a media outlet in the United States.
The maximum grant is $10,000.
- Grants cover out-of-pocket expenses such as travel, document collection and equipment rental. The Fund also considers requests for small stipends, as part of the budget.
- It is Fund policy to pay the first half of approved grants to successful applicants, with the second half of the grant paid on evidence of publication of a finished project in accordance with the original proposal.
- Second half grants are not guaranteed if projects are not completed in a timely fashion.
First Step: Before you apply, be sure to obtain a “Letter of Commitment” from a news editor who can pledge in writing that the news outlet will publish or air the specific story you propose.
Second Step: Click submit from the official website and choose your desire program.
Third Step: Create a new account then fill in the application. Don’t forget to submit your proposal, resume, work samples and a budget. All application documents must be written in English and budgets expressed in U.S. dollars.
Check out FIJ’s Frequently Asked Questions from here.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Reem Wally/ Egypt“
Reviewed by” Wahiba El Zayat/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team