open throughout the year
Islamic and Arab studies scholarships for international students in al-Azhar University
”THE World Association for al-Azhar Graduates” offers scholarships for international students to join al Azhar University in the field of Islamic and Arab studies to earn the Bachelor’s degree, or graduate degree (Masters/PhD).
Al Azhar University is a university in Cairo, Egypt. Associated with Al-Azhar Mosque in Islamic Cairo, it is Egypt’s oldest degree-granting university and the 2nd oldest University in the world
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Islamic Jurisprudence
- Theology Islamic and Arab studies.
- Islamic preaching (Da’wwah).
- Islamic Sciences for international students.
- History and Islamic Culture
- Interpretation (Exegesis) and sciences of Qur’an
- The Hadith and its Discourse Sciences
- Faith and Philosophy
- Arabic Language
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
4 years for all Bachelor’s degrees
(except Faculty of Jurisprudence and law: 5 years )
- The applicant must be a citizen and resident of the country from which he/she is applying.
- The student must not be benefiting from any other scholarships.
- The student must meet all conditions of admittance in one of the declared faculties.
- The student must be free of any infectious diseases.
- Obtain Azhari secondary certificate, or its equivalent, or Azhari missionary secondary certificate or its equivalent, or, the Egyptian general secondary certificate or its equivalent, or a bachelor’s degree from an authorized university.
- Age, should not to exceed, 40 years.
- Good command of the Arabic language.
- The candidate maybe exempt from this condition provided s/he attends a preparatory year long Arabic language program. As for those who held a secondary certificate equivalent to the Egyptian General Secondary Certificate, they are allowed to attend a preparatory year before registering in the chosen faculty)
- One month salary paid annually to cover the cost of text books and study materials.
- A stipend to cover all the living expenses on campus.
- One month salary paid annually to cover living costs.
- The association could pay in some exceptional cases the flight fees for the arrival and final return after graduation.
- The association offers rewards and prizes for distinguished students.
send the following documents:
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Bahi-Eldin Yasser / Egypt “
Reviewed by “ Mustafa Abdelshafy / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team