30 November 2018.
Japanese Initiative for the future of Syrian Refugees (JISR)
The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) established the program “JISR” in cooperation with United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) for providing higher education opportunities at a Master’s degree level in Japanese universities for Syrian refugees who are staying in neighboring countries (Lebanon, Jordan).
This program intends to foster capable Syrian individuals to lead Syria’s reconstruction and peace-building efforts at an appropriate time in the future, while enhancing their understanding of Japanese people.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Science and Engineering
- Information and Communication Technology(ICT)
- Business Administration
- Social Science
- Japanese Language and Japanese Culture
Syrians in JORDAN or LEBANON.
6 months or 1 year as a research student if necessary and 2 years as a Master’s student. (Maximum three years enrollment).
- Nationality: Syrian.
- Age: between 22 and 39 (as of September 1st, 2019).
- Being registered as a refugee by or known to UNHCR.
- Bachelor’s degree holder (or undergraduate students in their final year).
- English language proficiency
- Have academic ability to comple.te a master’s course.
- A clear understanding of the objectives of JISR is required.
- The applicants must not receive a scholarship offered by other organizations for a Master’s degree.
- The scholarship covers: Tuition fees, Living allowance, Airfare (Economy class), Outfit allowance, Moving allowance, Medical Expenses, Japanese Language Training Program and other supporting programs.
First Step: Prepare the required documents :
Copy of UNHCR certificate, Application Form, Graduation certificate, Academic Transcript, Color ID Photos (4cm×3cm), A copy of Passport with photo (if any), Recommendation letter (If possible. Mandatory for some universities), Residency permit (Lebanon only)
Second Step: Fill the application form.
Third Step: Hand deliver your completed application in a sealed envelope to one of the UNHCR offices.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Adla Abou Steiti/ Palestine “
Reviewed by” Nermine Nejima/ Tunisia ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team