6 May 2019
The Program: Online
The Summit: London, UK
The Johnson & Johnson | One Young World Scholarship Program 2019
For the third year running, Johnson & Johnson Global Community Impact, the team who leads the global partnership for Johnson & Johnson with OYW, is collaborating with OYW to offer scholarships to 12 young health leaders across the globe to participate in the 2019 Johnson & Johnson One Young World Program.
As well as attending the upcoming 2019 One Young World Summit, scholarship recipients will receive individual coaching from senior Johnson & Johnson executives to further develop their aspiration, strategy and/or initiatives. In addition, all J&J OYW scholars are buddied with a team of 2019 J&J delegates over the course of the six-month program to help build and strengthen the capacity of the Scholar, through the sharing of their skills and knowledge.
Benefits of participation in the Johnson & Johnson One Young World Program:
– Individual coaching with senior Johnson & Johnson leaders.
– Working with 2019 Johnson & Johnson delegates in buddy teams, over the course of the six-month program to support the Scholar through the sharing of their skills and knowledge.
– Attendance at the J&J OYW Program pre-workshop and dinner on 21 October 2019.
– Attendance at the J&J OYW Program debrief session & lunch on 26 October.
– Participation in interactive webinars and conference calls throughout the duration of the Program.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Sustainable Development
- Social work
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
September 2019 – February 2020: The Johnson & Johnson One Young World Program.
22-25 October 2019: One Young World Summit.
- Between the ages of 18 – 30 at the time of the Summit.
- Applicants must be working on the front lines of delivering care and dedicated to health and care giving to underserved populations and communities.
- You can be a nurse, midwife, community health worker, a doctor, a social entrepreneur, a digital health expert, or working for a social enterprise, medical facility and/or a nongovernmental organization.
- If selected, Health Care Professionals classified as Government Officials within their home country will need approval from their employer and may be required to undergo an additional health care compliance approval process by Johnson & Johnson before their scholarship can be confirmed.
- Important: Selected scholars must be available to commit 10% of their time to the program, over the 6-month program period (September 2019 – February 2020).
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership.
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change.
- Understanding of key local and/or global issues.
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative idea.
- Interest and engagement in sharing and learning from others.
- Skills: enthusiastic, pro-active, creative, eager to improve, not afraid to change the status quo, team player, good communicator and project management.
- OYW will actively seek and prioritize applicants who are making a positive impact within their local community through the delivery of care to vulnerable people, their families and communities.
For more information about Terms and Conditions here
- The cost of travel to and from London (economy flights only).
- Hotel accommodation in a single room from 21-25 October inclusive.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner, during these days.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
- You can apply for more than one scholarship.
- If you are ultimately selected for the Scholarship and require a visa to enter the UK to attend the One Young World Summit 2019, you will be required to pay the UK visa fee yourself.
For more information about the scholarship here
First Step: Fill the Application form.
- Please note that you will be unable to save your responses and edit them later, so we recommend saving your responses in an offline document before submitting your application.
- As soon as you have confirmed your place at the Summit, OYW will provide you with an official Letter of Invitation (LOI) to support your visa application, as well as an informative guide on how to submit your visa application.
For more information about Application Tips here
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Aya El-sherbeny/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Doha Elamin/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team