31 March 2019.
Laboratory Training Programme: Undergraduate Summer Session.
The Spanish National Cancer Research Centre (CNIO) announces up to 8 vacancies for undergraduate students to work in a lab at the CNIO over the summer.
Each student will be matched with a specific laboratory based on the student’s interest and background. The student will be working under the supervision of the group/unit leader or a member of the research group. The participants will attend a series of seminars given by faculty members and researchers from the CNIO. Upon completion of the training programme, the CNIO will issue a certificate stating the level of proficiency achieved by the student and indicating his/her area of training.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Life Sciences.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
From 24 June to August 16, 2019.
- Selected applicants will be notified at least one month prior the beginning of the stay.
- Undergraduate students of any nationality.
- You must have passed at least 2/3 of the total credit points (courses or exams) required for a Life Sciences or Biomedicine-related undergraduate degree (in any country).
- You must maintain your undergraduate student status throughout the whole summer programme (June 24 to August 16, 2019).
- You must have an excellent academic track record with a Grade Point Average (GPA) above 0.75 (with your GPA as the numerator and the highest possible GPA as the denominator).
- You must have a good knowledge of English.
- You must be available from June 24 to August 16 (8 weeks) to attend the training programme. If you cannot be at the CNIO during this period, you will not be eligible for the programme.
- Travel expenses and meals at the CNIO cafeteria will be covered for summer training programme students during their stay at the centre. In addition, students without public health assistance benefits in Spain will be covered with a private health insurance provided by the CNIO for the same period of time (8 weeks).
First Step: Required Documents:
Second Step: Fill the Application Form: Here.
Thired Step: Only shortlisted candidates will be asked to send the following documents by e-mail to [email protected]:
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Copy of an official Transcript of Records, Academic Transcript or Certification, stating the number of credits passed.
- Copy of the National Identity Card or Passport.
- Proof of having a valid health insurance, whether public or private, during the whole summer stay. Citizens from countries issuing the European Health Card (EHC), including Spanish nationals, must present this documentation.
*Results will also be published on the web page:
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Areeg Salem/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Hend Younis/ Egypt “
MARJ3 Scholarships team