18 August 2019.
ESSAY COMPETITION OF THE 17th ECONOMIX: GLOBAL ECONOMIC CHALLENGES
Economix: Global Economics Challenges is an annual international event held by KANOPI FEB UI, a student organization run by undergraduate students of the Faculty of Economics and Business, Universitas Indonesia. The event aims to be the means for participants of diverse backgrounds and disciplines to share, discuss, and find potential solutions for current global economic issues.
17th Economix: Global Economic Challenges conducts an Essay Competition. This year’s theme is ‘Inequality in the Modern Era: An Unresolved Question’. Participants’ ideas and knowledge will heavily be observed concerning world’s ability in maintaining its economic performances in the moment of not only incessant global economic problems but also many fundamental obstacles which have internally occurred in every country over the world.
This international competition is open for all undergraduate students from universities all over the world who possess a huge interest in economics and in taking a part in the essay competition. Participants of the essay competition are single individuals, with no minimum threshold for a university to send their teams to the competition. The participants have to register online by filling in the Registration Form which can be obtained from our website . The completed Registration Form, together with the essay, must be submitted to the committee not later than the August 18th, 2019. The essays will be assessed by judges, who are experts in their respective fields, including national and international academicians, economists, lecturers, and practitioners. The three best essays will be selected as the winners of the Essay Competition of the 17th Economix and receive prizes from the committee. Moreover, one best essay from each region will be announced as the regional winner.
Theme for Essay Competition Inequality in the Modern Era: An Unresolved Question
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Gender and women’s studies
- Social Work
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
Call for Essay: 1st May — 18th, August 2019
Essay Assessment by Judges: 19th August — 22nd, September 2019
Winners Announcement: 13th, October 2019
- The competition is open to all undergraduate students enrolled in any recognized college or university.
- Only entries by one single individual will be accepted for the essay submission.
- Each participant can only submit one essay addressing the theme of the Essay Competition of the 17th Economix.
- The essay must be written in formal academic English.
- The essay must be an original scientific essay that has never been used in any other competition and/or published before.
- The essay must not contain any information about the institutional origin of the writers. The cover format must follow the sample format provided by the committee that can be checked here.
- The length of the essay is restricted to 1500 words, excluding cover, table of content, references, tables, charts, and graphs.
- The essay must be submitted digitally in PDF format. The font is Times New Roman with size 12 and spacing 1.5. The essay uses left margin of 4 cm; right margin 3 cm; top margin 3 cm; and bottom margin 3 cm. The paper size is A4. A list of references which follows the American Psychological Association (APA) format must be attached to the essay. The use of any other referencing format such as the Chicago format with footnotes is not allowed.
- Entrants will be required to give their date of birth, the name of their university/college, email address, postal address and telephone number, a photo, and enrollment letter or student ID card as part of the online entry procedure.
- Entrants retain all rights to their entries, but taking part in the competition implies accepting that the 17th Economix and Kanopi FEB UI retain unlimited, non-exclusive rights to reproduction without further compensation. The winning essay may be published by the 17th Economix and Kanopi FEB UI. There is no guarantee that any of the essays will be published by either organization.
- The 17th Economix and Kanopi FEB UI reserve the right, at their sole and absolute discretion, to use names and information about participants without obtaining further consent from the participant or providing any payment whatsoever to the participant for any commercial or non-commercial endeavors, publicity, advertising, trade or promotion in perpetuity.
- The 17th Economix and Kanopi FEB UI reserve the right to disqualify any participant that they determine are submitting material that is deemed to be offensive.
- Any form of plagiarism will result in an automatic disqualification. It is the responsibility of the participant to ensure that their essay does not infringe the copyright or intellectual property rights of any third party or any other laws.
- By entering, the entrants, including the winner, agree to allow the free use of their names, photographs and general locations for publicity and news purposes during this competition.
- The competition is not open to anyone who is currently professionally associated with the 17th Economix committee.
- Judging Criteria:
Structure and organization of ideas – 25%
Depth of analysis and development of content – 40%
Relevance to the grand theme – 10%
Language – 10%
Use of data and available research to support arguments – 15%
- 1st winner : US$ 200
- 2nd winner : US$ 150
- 3rd winner : US$ 100
- Winners will be invited to attend Cultural Gala of the 17th Economix.
- Additional prize of e-certificates will also be given for the best essay from each region – Asia, America, Australia and Oceania, Africa and Europe.
First Step: Complete the application
Second Step: The essay must be submitted not later than 18th, August 2019 to [email protected] febui.com as email attachment with the file name of Example: Essay Competition_JohnSmith_Universitas Indonesia.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Hanine Aymen/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Mohamed Magdi Eweda / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team