2nd November, 2019.
Finals in UK.
If you think you can explain a scientific concept to a general audience, in just three minutes, then why not enter? You could become the new face of science, represent Egypt at the FameLab International final in the UK, and open doors to global opportunities in science communication.
By taking part in FameLab you will inspire the next generation of scientists and engineers, gain invaluable communication skills, and meet amazing like-minded people. Importantly you will also become part of an increasingly exciting network of scientists and engineers able to clearly and imaginatively explain their science to the general public.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Science communication.
Arabic and English.
The call is open from 29 September 2019 until 2 November 2019.
- The competition is open to anyone aged between 18 and 40 working in or studying technology, engineering, medicine, biology, chemistry, physics or maths. This includes private and public sector employees.
- The competition welcomes:
- Lecturers and researchers in science, engineering or mathematics subjects, including specialist science teachers with a science degree.
- People who work on applying science, engineering technology or mathematics (e.g. patent clerks, statisticians, consultants to industry).
- University students of science, mathematics or engineering 18 or over.
- People who apply science, mathematics or engineering in the armed forces or government bodies.
- People who apply science, engineering or mathematics in industry or business.
We cannot accept:
People who are already working professionally in public engagement with science, including:
- Press or PR officers, even for science-related organisations.
- Artists who work on science-related themes.
- Performers whose shows are about science or engineering.
- Science centre staff who work exclusively or mainly with the public.
- Journalists and broadcasters (as their main or only job).
- Non-specialist teachers.
- The winners of the first, second and third place at all stages in the competition will receive trophies. There will also be audience favourite prizes and other special awards.
- Trip to the UK.
- The overall national winner and first runner up will attend the Cheltenham Science Festival in the UK. The national winner will then compete in the FameLab International Final. Here a world of opportunities will really be opened up as you network with fellow scientists from across the globe.
- Each candidate will have the opportunity to meet other science enthusiasts and gain access to the Famelab Egypt and Famelab International networks.
- FameLab alumni will be invited to take part in science public engagement events in Egypt.
First Step: Create an account to Fill in the application here.
For any questions contact them through this email: [email protected]
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Omima Alaa El Din / Egypt “
Reviewed by” Amina Hamed / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team