7 January , 2019.
Seattle, The USA.
INTERNATIONAL CORPS MEMBER 2019
The international Corps Member position with EarthCorps is a 6-month service learning experience for non-U.S. citizens, which takes place in Seattle, Washington, USA. Young environmental leaders from countries outside the United States will join US AmeriCorps Members to develop skills in environmental service, community building and leadership. International Corps Members are sponsored by EarthCorps on a J-1 Trainee visa.
EarthCorps is a Seattle-based nonprofit organization with a mission of developing leaders to strengthen community and restore the health of our environment. EarthCorps’ International Corps Program is an intensive 6-month-long training and service opportunity.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
All World Countries except for the USA.
3 June , 2019 – 12 December , 2019.
- Eligibility for J-1 Trainee Visa:
- University degree in a related field and 1 year of work experience
- 5 years of work/volunteer experience in a related field
- Ability to work hard in all weather conditions,
- Commitment to cooperation and teamwork with peers from around the world,
- Conversational English ability,
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (22.5 kg); Hike up to 8 miles (13 km) while carrying 40 pounds (18kg) of weight for up to 9 hours per day.
- Experience in outdoor field work or physical labor.
- Commitment to community service and previous experience in volunteer service.
- Enthusiasm for environmental conservation, science, recreation or other related field.
- Capacity to learn and grow in a service training position.
- Between 18-28 years old.
- Homestay provided (room and board).
- Living stipend of $330/month (USD)
- Days off permissible as designated by EarthCorps.
- Holidays will be paid as designated by EarthCorps.
- Medical Insurance.
- Bus Pass provided.
- Education & Training.
- Boots, pants, t-shirt, rain gear and safety equipment provided.
- **Corps Members are responsible for travel to and from Seattle**
Click here to begin your application.
You will be asked to submit:
- Profile information.
- A personal statement.
- A current resume/CV.
- Essay answers.
- Nominator contact information.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Suhayla Hamed/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Hend Younis / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team