As Soon As Possible
‘ADOPT A GRANDPARENT ‘ Campaign
We launched our ‘Adopt a Grandparent’ campaign to bring a sense of comfort to young people and the elderly who may not have grandparents/grandchildren of their own, to create long-lasting intergenerational friendships.
Our campaign is aimed at helping residents across our care homes feel less lonely by providing them with a friendly face who they can talk to. It can be difficult for residents who don’t receive regular visitors, so we’ve developed this campaign as a way of providing remote companionship and mental stimulation to those who otherwise could start to feel lonely. What started as a local search, reaching out to those local to our home, soon became a global campaign, with kind and considerate individuals hailing from as far as Australia to help bring some happiness to those we care for.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Any one can apply for the campaign
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES
- Any one around the world can apply as long as you can speak English.
- If you are under 16 you will need parental/guardian permission.
- You should be willing to put some time aside to speak to them.
These are some of how you can help:
- Having phone calls/video calls with your new friend.
Sending cheerful pictures/stories/poems (post or email) for them to enjoy.
Sharing stories from different generations.
Sending letters/postcards to your new friend, much like a penpal.
- Not paid opportunity.
Fill this form here, with your personal information and answering this question (
- After the form, there will be pairings based on shared common interests.
- A member of the Adopt a Grandparent team will be in touch if we can find you a match to arrange a short screening call.
- This call is nothing to worry about, just a chance for the team to get to know you better and to discuss the next steps for moving forward.
- When the screening process is complete, we will then arrange a time for you to meet your ‘grandparent’ via video call and the friendship can grow from there.
If you need more information you can see the frequently asked questions, here.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Aya Nady/Egypt “
Reviewed by” Eslam Elfouly/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team