January 31, 2019
The shortlisted companies will be invited to a pitch live session in UAE .
The Global Maker Award will be awarded at the upcoming GMIS summit in Yekaterinburg in Russia.
(Award/ Fully Funded)
The Global Makers Challenge 2019
The Global Makers Challenge invites innovative start-ups, entrepreneurs and businesses to submit solutions to solve real-world problems.
The Global Maker Challenge is an online open-innovation platform that offers an opportunity for ‘makers’ and innovators to connect and collaborate, wherever they are in the world, to solve real-world problems affecting people’s lives. Leveraging manufacturing innovation to provide viable and deployable solutions for the world’s most pressing issues, it invites world-leading manufacturers and organisations to adopt challenges, provide mentorship, and help solve real-world problems.
The challenge is vertically divided into 4 themes:
- Sustainable Energy.
- Digital Divide and Digital Literacy.
- Rural Transformation and Zero Hunger.
- Sustainable Cities.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Civil work.
- Human Development.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- Submission Deadline on 31 January 2019.
- All submissions will be reviewed by expert judges throughout February – April 2019.
- Senior Representatives from the shortlisted submissions will be invited to a pitching session in May 2019.
- The final winners will be announced at the GMIS Summit in Yekaterinburg in Russia in July 2019.
- Applications to the MBR Global Makers Challenge is open to all business model stages. It is open to any start-up, innovator or business that has a proof of concept and prototype for a viable, technically feasible and desirable solution that promises a strong impact on the identified challenge.
- Solutions will be reviewed by experts and judges, following these criteria:
- Alignment: The solution addresses the challenge that has been set forth.
- Potential for Impact: The planned implementation of the solution has the potential to impact lives.
- Feasibility: It is feasible to implement the solution, and the team has a plan for the solution to sustain itself financially.
- Scalability: The solution can be grown and scaled to affect the lives of more people.
- Innovative Approach: This is a new technology, a new application of a technology, a new business model, or a new process for solving the challenge.
(Award/ Fully Funded)
- Each of the 4 Challenge Winners can win prizes to the value of up to 250,000 USD, including cash prices and mentorship.
- The shortlisted companies will be invited to a pitch live session in UAE, and the finalist to the Global Manufacturing and Industrialization Summit, in July 2019 in Yekaterinburg, Russia.
- All flight and accommodation costs if any for shortlisted companies to participate to the pitching session as well as finalists for the award ceremony will be covered by MBR Initiative for Global Prosperity.
First Step: Create an account by clicking here.
Second Step: Submit online your solution for the proposed challenge, providing all informations asked from you.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Reem Khaled/ Egypt“
Reviewed by” Mariem Memmi/ Tunisia“
and ” Esraa Abdullzaher/ Egypt”
MARJ3 Scholarships team