31 October 2019.
Hamdan bin Mohammad Rashid Al Maktoum International Photography Award (HIPA)
The Eighth Season ended with the winners giving a superior, positive, artistic extension to the theme ‘Hope’. This brings us to the launch of our Ninth Season for all photographers around the world under the theme ‘Water’, which is woven into the very fabric of human history since the beginning of time.
Water is the synonym of life and has been at the heart of everything we do. Without water, there is no life. Last season, the ‘Aerial Photography – Video’ category was a pleasant surprise for photographers that were eager to keep up with the latest trends and developments in the photographic industry. The winning works were hugely celebrated amongst the community. This season we are even closer to daily life with the inclusion of the ‘Mobile Photography’ category to give everyone the opportunity to compete and win in the Award.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
English Or Arabic.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
Submissions will be accepted from 00:01 on 1st August 2019 until 24:00 on 31st October 2019, UAE local time, (i.e. GMT +4).
The results, prizes, and the winners will be announced in a public ceremony that will be held in March 2020.
Eligibility Requirements (Criteria)
Eligibility Requirements (Criteria)
- Participants are allowed to submit a Black and White photograph in all categories except the ‘General – Color’ subcategory.
- Submitted photo(s) must be in JPEG format, with high quality and resolution, of a minimum 5 MB in size, the minimum of the longest edge should be no less than 2000 pixel and the quality no less than 300dpi except the Mobile category where the photo must be no less than 2 MB and to be suitable for publication.
- Participants are requested to submit the RAW/original camera files at the same time of submitting their photographs.
- In the Portfolio category, participants are required to submit 5-10 photographs of the same subject matter as part of their submission.
- Participants must be individuals aged eighteen (18) years or over at the time of the Submission(s).
- The same Photo must not be submitted in more than one (1) category. Any Photo submitted in more than one (1) category will be discarded from the Competition.
- You are kindly requested to upload the original Photo(s) (RAW) or the Photo(s) without any editing at the time of submitting the Photo(s) to the Competition.
- All submitted Photo(s) must not contain any tag(s), signature(s), initial(s), frame(s),border(s), logo(s) or any other references and/or marks added by the Participant. Basic technical editing of the Photo(sis acceptable, provided any such editing does not affect the authenticity and/or genuineness of the Photo(s. Advanced editing used to create illusions, deceptions and/or manipulations; including compositing and creative retouching of the Photo(sis prohibited. HIPA preserves the right to assess and discard from the competition any submitted Photo(s) deemed, at HIPA’s own discretion, contrary to the foregoing.
- Photo(s) that portray or otherwise include inappropriate and/or offensive contents, including nudity, violence and/or any other contents deemed to be contrary to the UAE’s religious, cultural and/or public morals traditions and practices will be disqualified.
- Photo(s) that have won any previous award(s), whether in any HIPA prior competition(s), or in any other competition(s) whatsoever and announced before 31st October 2019, and/or Photo(s) that have been previously used, or are intended to be used, for any kind of commercial purposes, must not be submitted. Any photo(s) submitted in contrary to the foregoing will be automatically and without further notice disqualified from the entire Competition.
For more information click here.
The Grand Prize is 120,000$.
- The first Winner will get 20,000$.
- The second winner will get 16,000$.
- The Third Winner will get 12,000$.
- The Fourth Winner will get 8,000$.
- The Fifth Winner will get 4,000$
Portfolio “Story Telling”
- The First Winner will get 24,000$.
- The second winner will get 21,000$.
- The Third Winner will get 19,000$.
- The Fourth Winner will get 17,000$.
- The Fifth Winner will get 14,000$.
- The First Winner will get 20,000$.
- The second winner will get 15,000$.
- The Third Winner will get 10,000$.
- The First Winner will get 12,000$.
- The second winner will get 10,000$.
- The Third Winner will get 8,000$.
- The Fourth Winner will get 6,000$.
- The Fifth Winner will get 4,000$.
- Photography Appreciation Award: 20,000$.
- The Photography Content Creator Award: 15,000$.
- Emerging person\ Organization in Photography Award: 10,000$.
How to Apply
How to Apply
First Step: Enter your data to create an account on the site.
Second Step: choose the category.
Third Step: Insert your photos and their data.
Fourth Step: You must obtain, solely bear the cost for, and provide UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD within seven (7) calendar days of any request to do so by UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD, with any or all of the following:
- a) A signed written consent, release and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person(s) appearing in your submitted Photo(s), clearly authorizing you to use their picture or likeness for submitting the Photo(s) in the manner contemplated by the Competition, and authorizing UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD to reproduce, distribute, display, and create derivative works of the entry(s) for all purposes, in any media now or hereafter known. Please click here to download the draft of the Model Release Form.
- b) A signed written license from the copyright owner of any sculpture, artwork, or other copyrighted material that appears in your submitted Photo(s), authorizing UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD to reproduce, distribute, display, and create derivative works of the relevant entry(s) for all purposes, in any media now or hereafter known.
- c) A signed written license from the owner of any private property included in your submitted Photo(s), authorizing UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD to reproduce, distribute, display, and create derivative works of the relevant entry(s) for all purposes, in any media now or hereafter known.
- d) A signed written license or release letter from a person who has the right or is able to assert any right over the Photo(s) (e.g. employer, agency, etc) authorizing UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD. UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD to reproduce, distribute, display, and create derivative works of the relevant entry(s) for all purposes, in any media now or hereafter known.
Click here to download the model of the Release Form.
- e) If you have been announced as a winner of the Competition (in any category), you grant to UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD, a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works, distribute, have distributed, promote your winning Photo(s), in whole or in part, in any form, in all media forms now or hereafter known, anywhere in the world and for any purpose, including but not limited to: display at a potential exhibition of winners, publication of a book featuring select entries in the Competition, publication in UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD materials and/or online highlighting entries or winners of the Competition, and promoting the work of UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD .
Know more about this opportunity:
Marj3 recommended links
Marj3 recommended links
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal Statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
This Scholarship Published by:
” Esraa Badawi / Egypt“
Reviewed by “ Hanine Aymen / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team