14 October, 2019 (midnight Geneva time).
The Ibrahim Leadership Fellowships_Mo Ibrahim Foundation
The Ibrahim Leadership Fellowships form a selective programme designed to mentor future African leaders. Through this annual fellowship programme, we seek to deepen and broaden our growing network which continues to contribute its skills and learning to a better Africa.
OBJECTIVES OF FELLOWSHIP:
This Fellowship opportunity at ITC is in collaboration with the Mo Ibrahim Foundation. Established in 2006 the Mo Ibrahim Foundation aims to support good governance and great leadership in Africa. The Foundation works to:
- Stimulate debate on good governance.
- Provide criteria by which citizens and governments can measure progress.
- Recognize achievement in African leadership and provide a practical way in which leaders can build positive legacies on the continent when they have left office.
- Support aspiring leaders for the African continent.
The Fellowship offers a mentorship experience with the Executive Directorand Deputy Executive Directorof ITC to prepare young Africans for leadership of major organizations and multilateral institutions.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
Knowledge of other UN official languages, in particular, French or Spanish.
All African countries.
- Applicants must hold African nationality.
- Applicants must be under 40 years of age at time of application (women with children should be under 45 years of age).
- Master’s degree in economics, business, international development, international relations or related area.
- WORK EXPERIENCE: Minimum seven years of relevant work experience.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of international trade development and trade related development assistance (TRTA).
- Knowledge of strategic planning and governance.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex concepts and data.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with individuals at all levels and different multi-cultural backgrounds.
CRITICAL JOB-SPECIFIC VALUES AND COMPETENCIES:
- Respect for Diversity.
- Funding is provided by the Mo Ibrahim Foundation (MIF).
- The Fellowships offer the opportunity to work in the executive offices of either the AfDB (Abidjan), UNECA (Addis Ababa) or the ITC (Geneva) with an annual stipend of $100,000.
- ITC shall in no case be responsible for the family and dependents of fellows. In particular, ITC will not provide support for the families of fellows to obtain work/residential permits. The monthly stipend rates are sufficient only to cover the normal living expenses of one person. No allowances of any kindwill be paid for dependents. Fellow should also consider that, in the course of their award, they may be required to travel under circumstances that would make it difficult or impossible for their dependents to accompany them. For that reason, fellows areurged not to bring family members to the duty station.
First Step: Create a new account from here.
Second Step: Login in then Select the job opening of your interest.
Third Step: Submit your application.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Amina Hamed / Egypt “
Reviewed by “ Rahaf Elkhodary / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team
Official name: The Ibrahim Leadership Fellowships
Official website: https://mo.ibrahim.foundation/fellowships
Apply link: https://lde.tbe.taleo.net/lde01/ats/careers/apply.jsp?org=AFDB&cws=1&rid=2289
Deadline: 15 March 2021