Call 1: 31, July 2019.
Call 2: 31, October 2019.
Call 3: 16, February 2020.
Essex International Visiting Fellowships – University of Essex
Essex International Visiting Fellowships are prestigious, competitive awards for high performing, established academics and researchers. This flagship programme provides support for outstanding researchers to undertake a period of research at Essex that is of major importance in its field and of significant benefit to Essex’s research.
The programme provides a platform to:
- Work with Essex academics on a research project or publication.
- Champion Essex as a centre of scholarly excellence at an international level.
- Raise the profile of the multi-disciplinary research community at Essex.
- Enrich the research and training environment for early career postgraduate and postdoctoral scholars at Essex.
The Essex International Visiting Fellowship programme has two options:
Short-stay Essex International Visiting Fellow
This fellowship enables researchers to spend between two and four weeks at Essex. There are three calls for applications:
- Call 1 2019/20 – For short-stay visiting fellowships between September-December 2019
- Call 2 2019/20 – For short-stay visiting fellowships between January-April 2020
- Call 3 2019/20 – For short-stay visiting fellowships between April-July 2020
Extended-stay Essex International Visiting Fellow
This fellowship enables a researcher to spend between two and four months at Essex.
There are three calls for applications:
- Call 1 2019/20 – For an extended-stay visiting fellowship between September-December 2019
- Call 2 2019/20 – For an extended-stay visiting fellowship between January-April 2020
- Call 3 2019/20 – For an extended-stay visiting fellowship between April-July 2020
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- To find out the available Specializations click here.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
Short-stay Essex International Visiting Fellow: Between two and four weeks.
Extended-stay Essex International Visiting Fellow: Between two and four months.
- Essex International Visiting Fellowships are open to researchers based outside the United Kingdom, who have a sustained track record of significant output, as demonstrated in peer-reviewed literature, and a strong commitment to quality research outputs.
- Students and graduates (eg undergraduate students/graduates, Master’s students/graduates, PhD students, post-doctoral students) are not eligible for the scheme
- International Visiting Fellows applications must be supported by a senior Essex academic and during their visit it is expected that the Fellow(s) will contribute to the wider activity of the University, engaging with a wide cross-section of the research community.
- We cannot accept applications to our Southend or Loughton Campuses. Should you wish to visit one of these campuses, please see our staff mobility information for other funding opportunities.
- Please keep in mind that the International Visiting Fellowship is awarded on a competitive basis.
An Essex International Visiting Fellowship includes:
- Economy airfare from the Visiting Fellow’s nominated home airport to a London based airport and return from London to the nominated home airport.
- Self-catering accommodation, including the cost of utilities.
- A contribution to subsistence (£100 per week).
Award holders are given the title International Visiting Fellow for the period of their stay.
First Step: Create an account.
- To access our application form and you will need to create an account on our system from here.
- Once you’ve created an account you will receive an email from our system to activate your account, after which you can log in and start completing the form. When setting your password please make sure it is a minimum of ten characters and it includes at least one capital letter, one number and one special character.
Second Step: Complete the form.
- The form has several sections which you are asked to mark section as complete (using the tick boxes). You must do this for each section, otherwise you will not be able to submit your application.
- In addition, sections marked with an asterisk (*) are compulsory. Your application will not progress without completing these sections. The form has information circles (marked ‘I’) that provide help when filling out the form.
Third Step: Upload documents.
Some sections of the form will ask you to upload documents to support your application. You must upload:
- your abbreviated curriculum vitae (one to two A4 pages maximum).
- proposal of your research activity (one to two A4 pages maximum).
- letter of invite/support from a hosting department or centre at Essex – must be on official letter headed paper and signed by Head of Department or Centre / Institute Director.
Please ensure the documents are in PDF or JPEG format, otherwise the form will notify you of an upload error.
Fourth Step: Submit.
When you submit your application you will receive an email notifying you of your application being complete, and you will also have the ability to download a PDF version of your application.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Amina Hamed / Egypt “
Reviewed by” Eman Fadel Ali / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team