7 July 2020
- Nairobi, Kenya
The Land Accelerator 2020
The Land Accelerator is an exciting accelerator program and curated network for entrepreneurs who restore degraded forests and farmland. It is anchored by an intensive week-long workshop when the cohort meets in person. The program is organised by Fledge, is a global network of impact accelerators, each providing an intense program of entrepreneurial education and mentorship, guiding entrepreneurs through the complex path from idea to revenues and profits.
The Accelerator contributes to efforts to restore hundreds of millions of hectares of land through the African Forest Landscape Restoration Initiative (AFR100), Initiative 20×20 in Latin America, and the Bonn Challenge. The program takes equity thanks to the generous support of the IKEA Foundation, The German Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and the DOEN Foundation.
The Land Accelerator has been held twice in Africa and is returning to Nairobi for the third time in October this year. The program will also be launching in South Asia in June 2020 and in Latin America in September 2020.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Clean Technology
- Environmental Services
English or French
EGYPT, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, COMOROS & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE FROM AFRICA
Note: there are 7 weeks of intense training.
- Open for entrepreneurs from across Africa.
- You are interested in raising money for your venture.
- You want to learn fast, both in the classroom and by connecting with mentors and other entrepreneurs.
- You are working to improve a degraded landscape through a business approach. This includes climate-smart agriculture, sustainable forestry, reforestation, non-timber forest products, and similar activities.
- Each invitee receives $20,000 in cash.
- Each invitee is invited to 7 weeks of intense training, surrounded by a flood of experienced mentors and impact investors.
Note: There is no fee to participate.
First Step: Create an account on the official website.
Second Step: Fill the application and mention all information about you.
Third Step: Fill the application and mention all details about your company and select your business details and team.
- You can fill the application in English, French or any language else.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Arwa Osama/ Egypt“
Reviewed by” Rana Hassan/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships Team