24 October 2019 (4:00 PM Beirut time)
(Accelerators for startups)
The Production Awards program
Since it was first launched in 2004, the Production Awards program has provided around 300 grants to artistic innovators in the Arab region.
- The Production Awards program aims to support and encourage the artistic and literary productivity and creativity of a new generation of young artists and writers from the Arab region.
- Applicants must be from an Arab country, regardless of ethnic background, citizenship status or whether they reside in the Arab region or abroad.
- Applicants must attach a detailed budget projection, in the local currency of their country, for the project they plan to carry out.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Performing arts
- Visual arts
- The cinema/video film section
Arabic and English.
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN, OMAN, YEMEN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, COMOROS
- The online application form is available on the official Culture Resource website once a year.
- The Production Awards recipients will be announced in mid February 2020.
- Applicants must be between 15 and 35 years old as of 1 January 2018. Applications submitted by individuals not in this age bracket will be discarded.
- Applicants under the age of 18 must include with their application a copy of their birth certificate, a letter of approval signed by a parent or guardian, and a copy of the identity card/passport of that parent/guardian.
- Introduce a separate application form for the cinema/video category, grants in this category may be awarded to projects in their development, production or post-production phases.
- The applications must be completed in Arabic on the form available on the applications website.
(Accelerators for startups)
- Grants of up to $10,000 are available for projects in literature, music, performing arts and visual arts
- up to $15,000 for projects in cinema and video.
- Please read the application guidelines carefully before completing the application form.
- Include all necessary supporting documents (see the guidelines) with the application form.
- The application must be completed entirely in Arabic, apart from the blanks that require English.
- Enter the online applications platform and fill in the required registration information.
- After clicking the “register” icon, you will receive a link by email. Click on the link to activate your account.
- Once you activated your account, you can re-enter the online application platform using your email address and password. You will then find the application form which you can fill out online.
- Once the results are announced, Culture Resource sends contracts to the selected grantees. The contracts explain, in detail, the scope of coverage, conditions and duration of the support. Grantees also receive a document explaining the intellectual property rights of both parties.
- Disbursal of the grants: The first instalment (60-70 per cent of the total amount of the grant) is paid upon signing the contacts. The second instalment (15-20 per cent) is paid when grantees furnish Culture Resource with the contractually stipulated reports and materials that document the progress of the project. The remainder (15-20 per cent) is paid once grantees furnish Culture Resource the required financial and narrative reports following the completion of their projects.
- For further questions, please contact the Production Awards team: [email protected]
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Wahiba Elzayat/ Egypt“
Reviewed by” Amina Hamed / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team