November 30th, 2018.
United States of America
The Symantec Research Labs Graduate Fellowship
Symantec will award Symantec Research Labs (SRL) Graduate Fellowships to outstanding Ph.D. students who meet the eligibility criteria listed below.
A key goal of the program is to fund innovative research that has real-world value, in areas where Symantec conducts business. Topics of interest include:
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Privacy and Identity
- Machine learning and data mining
- Human Factors: Applications of psychology, sociology, anthropology, behavioral economics
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
Final award decisions will be announced in January 2019.
- Applying students must be enrolled in a Ph.D. program.
- Preference will be given to students with a desire to work in an industrial research lab and those working on innovative research projects in areas related to Symantec’s businesses and interests.
- Recipients will also be selected based on their overall potential for research excellence and their academic progress to date as evidenced by publications.
- The SRL Graduate Fellowship provides up to $20,000 USD that may be used to cover one year of the student’s tuition fees and to reimburse expenses incurred by the student to engage into research collaboration with Symantec, such as conference registration fees, travel expenses, hardware, etc. If the fellowship is to cover tuition, this portion of the award will be made through the university.
- A second component of the award is a salaried internship with Symantec that we plan to offer to all fellowship recipients.
Required Application Information
- Resume or C.V.
- Personal statement of research interests not to exceed 750 words. Applicants are strongly encouraged to articulate the value and novelty of their research.
- Two letters of recommendation from professors or industry researchers who can evaluate the applicant’s scientific aptitude and potential for research. Letters of recommendation may be sent separately and confidentially.
Submit applications and letters of recommendation via email: [email protected]
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Nermeen Mostafa/Egypt “
Reviewed by” Ahmad Samy/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team