15 February 2019
Women In Africa – Global leaders committed together
Women are the driving force of African economies, and will positively change the future of the continent. The start-up created by these African women address to issues of state responsibility and tackle structural challenges (electrification of the continent, medical coverage, education).
Supporting them in their desire to undertake and promoting them is a win-win and sustainable investment for African and international economies.
The Women in Africa (WIA) initiative is an international platform for economic development and mentoring of African women leaders with strong potential. Its ambitions are twofold: to unleash the potential of a new generation of African female leaders at all levels of civil and government responsibility, and to connect African and international women leaders in the pursuit of an innovative and inclusive Africa.
Opportunity is available for only 54 participants.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Social and digital innovation.
- Agricultural innovation.
English – French
Africa Countries. EGYPT, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, COMOROS
27 and 28 June 2019
They will select the most innovative and high- growth potential companies or initiatives with already proven traction :
- Innovative product, service or technology and/ or a strong human impact.
- Created or managed by an African woman citizen.
- With first traction on the market (turnover, number of users, raised funds…).
- A proven business model, scalability.
- Large growth potential (in own country, Africa and globally).
- Ambitious team with deep execution skills.
Benefits for the 54 selected entrepreneurs
- Invitation to the International Annual Summit WIA in Marrakesh (27/28 June 2019): reimbursement of travel, accommodation.
- Unique visibility: Unique visibility from 500 delegates, including investors, top executives, and media from all over the world
- High-level Networking: Business meetings organized during the WIA Club Annual Meeting in Marrakech
- Bootcamp: Access to 2 days training boot camp prior to the summit.
- A booth at the WIA Start-up Exhibition during the WIA Annual Summit, which will allow each of our 54 winners to showcase their business and meet with partners and potential investors
- Annual membership to the WIA Club offered, first international women entrepreneurs club on the continent:
- visibility on Women in Africa print and web supports including website, WIA Mag, social media.
- Special access to the WIA Link digital platform in order to exchange with each other and with international top executive, and MOOC training access : how to pitch, hox to speach, business opportunities… (in progress)
- Regional and Local meetings of entrepreneurs all year long with the WIA Hubs
- Mentoring : Mentoring for 1 year from large companies (depending from the fundings and sponsors)
- Scholarschips : Scholarships offered available on one of our partner’s 48 campuses or via e-learning, provided that you pass the admission exams
Complete the application available in this website.
in which you will need to enter :
- your Personal Information
- the Personal Information
Shortly introduce your co-founders
- Provide a short presentation of your enterprise
- join a portrait photo of yourself (white background)
- join a picture of your team
- In one sentence:
-why should you be awarded?
-what do you expect from this contest?
Then submit your Application
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Mariem Memmi / Tunisia “
Reviewed by” Eya Hachouch/Tunisia ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team