- Early Bird: 25th October, 2019.
- Regular: 10th January, 2020.
- Late: 22nd May, 2020.
To know all the application timeline, click here
KAIST Undergraduates Scholarship in South Korea 2020
A funded opportunity for international students. The educational award is accessible to study an undergraduate program for 2020 intake.
KAIST was established in 1971 to model a research focused university and to foster elite human resources in science and technology needed by the nation. Currently, KAIST has successfully become a well-respected member of the worldwide science community
Opportunity Focus Areas:
College of Natural Sciences:
- Mathematical Sciences.
College of Life Science & Bioengineering:
- Biological Sciences.
College of Engineering:
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Aerospace Engineering.
- Electrical Engineering.
- Computer Science.
- Civil & Environmental Engineering.
- Bio & Brain Engineering.
- Industrial Design.
- Industrial & Systems Engineering.
- Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering.
- Materials Science & Engineering.
- Nuclear & Quantum Engineering.
College of Business:
- Business and Technology Management.
School of Transdisciplinary Studies:
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN, OMAN, YEMEN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, TURKEY, IRAN, CYPRUS, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
- To be an international student.
- Not a Korean citizen and neither of the applicant’s parents are a Korean citizen.
- You should be admitted to KAIST University
- You should maintain a GPA over 2.7 out of 4.3 at KAIST in freshman year
To know further about the eligibility requirements, click here.
The scholarship will cover:
- Full tuition fees for 8 semesters.
- National health insurance.
- Living expenses 350,000 KRW per month.
Step Two: Pay application fee (USD 80 or 80,000 KRW) by credit card or bank transfer.
Step Three: Upload scanned copies of all additional required materials on the application page. The uploaded copies MUST be:
- Certified by school principal or the head/director of organization
- Clear & legible.
The required documents
- One Recommendation Letter, template from here.
- Secondary / Tertiary School Profile.
- High school / University Transcript.
- Standardized Official Test Report.
- English Proficiency Test Report.
- Passport or National ID.
- Statement of Financial Resources – KAIST Scholarship.
- Statement of Financial Resources – Sponsorship.
- Honors and Awards (Optional).
- Only ONE teacher recommendation letter will be considered.
- The recommendation letter should be written by an academic advisor, homeroom teacher, or a math/science teacher.
- The letter should be written either in Korean or in English.
- Recommendations must be submitted electronically via online application platform. Once you pay the application fee, we will send your teacher a link so that your teacher can submit your recommendation letter online by the deadline.
- It is extremely important to enter your recommender’s email address correctly on your online application form so that they each receive an automated email instructing them how to proceed with their recommendation through the online process.
- Your application will be completed once your recommender submits the recommendation letter.
- Recommendation letters CANNOT be submitted in hard copies.
For more information about the required documents and the requested tests check the link.
If you face a problem uploading your documents, you can mail them to this address:
Undergraduate Admissions Team, Office of Admissions, KAIST
#102, Yang Boon Soon Bld. (E16-1)
291 Daehak-ro , Yuseong-gu, Daejeon 34141, Republic of Korea
Tel: (+82-42) 350-4803
Step Four: Submit the application.
Step Five: Check your final admission and scholarship results from Here.
For more information about the application process, click here.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Is Published by:
” Ahmed Hassan Hussein / Egypt “
Reviewed by “ Hesham Galal / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team