1 May 2019.
Kipaji Scholarship – The University of Twente
The Kipaji Scholarship Fund is founded especially for talented students from countries with upcoming economies, like in parts of South America, Africa and Asia. This relates specifically to the DAC countries. Students from these countries could have the potential, but not the means to study at the University of Twente. Kipaji Scholarship support students who also receive a University of Twente Scholarship.
The Kipaji Scholarship Fund was founded by a couple of alumni and relations of the University of Twente and is also supported by the staff and alumni of the University of Twente. With an annual fundraising campaign alumni and employees are asked to support this scholarship fund.
Please note: The Kipaji Scholarship is not available for current UT students. This programme is also not available for Master’s programmes at the Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC).
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Physics
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business Administration
- Business Information Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering and Management
- Communication Studies
- Computer Science
- Construction Management and Engineering
- Educational Science and Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Embedded Systems
- European Studies
- Health Sciences
- Human Media Interaction
- Industrial Design Engineering
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Environmental and Energy Management
- Mechanical Engineering
- Methodology and Statistics for the Behavioural, Biomedical and Social Sciences
- Philosophy of Science, Technology and Society
- Public Administration
- Science Education and Communication
- Sustainable Energy Technology
- Systems and Control
SUDAN, YEMEN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
- You need to apply for University of Twente Scholarship (UTS) in order to be eligible for Kipaji Scholarship.
** In order to be qualified for Kipaji Scholarship, applicants should meet all requirements of the University of Twente Scholarship, besides the following:
- Have the nationality of one of the DAC countries (Least Developed Countries & Other Low-Income Countries)
- Receive a (partial) University of Twente Scholarship. The Kipaji Scholarship can ensure that they receive a full scholarship.
- Have achieved good grades for their pre-master programme (average of 8).
** In order to be eligible for the University of Twente Scholarship, you should meet all the requirements below:
- Application for an UT scholarship is a procedure separate from the application for course entry at the University of Twente. Regardless of funding, you will need to gain an admission letter first.
- You have been(provisionally) admitted to one of the qualifying UT Master programs starting in the academic year 2019/2020 (September). Please note: After completion of your application, it may take up to 8 weeks before you receive the results.
- You must have a student number.
- You have not graduated from a UT graduate program.
- You comply with the conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands (if applicable).
- You comply with the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the sub-score of speaking skills.
- The University Twente Scholarship is a scholarship for excellent students. Typically this means that you belong to the best 5 to 10 percent of your class.
- The scholarship amount is up to € 12,000.
First, you need to get the Acceptance Letter from University of Twente.
You need to create an account on the university website from here, then you can fill the online application to be able to get the scholarship.
Now, you can apply to get Kipaji scholarship.
P.S. Upon request from the faculty you may need to submit a motivation letter stating how you intend to use your studies at the University of Twente to increase/enhance the scientific level or for entrepreneurial purposes in their home country. Please indicate in your motivation letter that you apply for Kipaji Scholarship.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“ Mona Awad / Egypt “
Reviewed by” Hend Younis/ Egypt “
MARJ3 Scholarships team