1 February 2019.
Leiden University – LExS Excellence Scholarship
The Excellence Scholarship (LExS ) is opened for non-EU/EEA/EFTA students joining a full-time Leiden University Master’s degree programme; and for excellent students of all nationalities joining an LLM Advanced Studies programme or the Master’s in International Relations & Diplomacy.
Leiden University was founded in 1575 and is one of Europe’s leading international research universities. It has seven faculties in the arts, sciences and social sciences, spread over locations in Leiden and The Hague.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Governance and Global Affairs
- Social and Behavioural Sciences
To know more click here.
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN, OMAN, YEMEN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, TURKEY, IRAN, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
According to the chosen Programme.
- You are not an EU/EEA, Swiss or Surinamese passport holder.
- You are not eligible for support from the Dutch study finance system,with the exceptions of students applying for the programmes listed below, for which no nationality restrictions apply:
- All LLM Advanced Studies programmes.
- MSc in International Relations and Diplomacy.
- Scholarships will not be awarded to applicants who have already obtained a Leiden University Master’s degree, with the exception of students applying for a Master programme for which a specified previous Master programme or work experience is mandatory (e.g. LLM advanced studies programmes).
- It is not possible to combine the LExS with another scholarship financed by Leiden University.
- It is not possible to combine the LExS with another full scholarship from an external provider. Students are obliged to notify the scholarships department if they receive a full scholarship from another source.
- In some circumstances, the LExS may be combined with a partial scholarship from an external provider.
- Students must have achieved excellent study results in their previous education, this being relevant to the Master’s programme for which they are applying. As an indication, the student is amongest the top 10% of graduates in his/her previous study programme. Note: proof of ranking is not required – this information is purely to indicate the level of competitiveness.
The LExS is awarded for the duration of the study programme. There are three available levels of awards:
- € 10,000 of the tuition fee
- € 15,000 of the tuition fee
- Total tuition fee minus the statutory tuition fee
Choose your Master’s programme from here.
You will need to apply via Studielink.
- Before 1 February, submit an online application for admission for one of Master’s progammes at Leiden University from here, but Indicate in your online application that you are applying for the Excellence Scholarship.
- The admission process will include a non-refundable €100 application fee.
You will need to upload these documents with the online application system:
- a copy of a valid passport.
- a CV (résumé).
- a motivation letter: A personal statement explaining why you want to follow the programme, why you have chosen to do so at Leiden University, and what makes you think you are a good candidate. The statement should be between 700 and 1,500 words.
- Copies of diplomas and transcripts.
- Letters of recommendation.
- Documents must be in the original language and accompanied by official translations if they are not in English, Dutch, German or French.
Note: Some master’s programmes require additional documents, so always check the specific programme that you want to apply to.
- Now you can follow your application till the end and prepare your studies at Leiden University if you have accepted and you can know more from here.
- To know more about Master’s admission and application click here.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Mona Awad/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Lamis Moawad/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team