31 August 2018.
LJD Week 2018 Law Student Contest for Development Solutions
The Law, Justice and Development (LJD) Week aims to foster innovation, produce legal solutions to development challenges, and most importantly, provide a venue for young African law school students to contribute to meaningful discussions around legal and development topics.
10 applicants with top scores shall be asked to present their proposals virtually (via Skype) in front of the Selection. Committee before the final determination is made. Winning submissions will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
- Relevance and timeliness to LJD Week 2018 theme.
- Potential impact of the proposal.
- Clarity of content presentation.
- Originality and creativity.
- Potential for scale-up.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
EGYPT, TUNISIA,ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA,SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, COMOROS, and any African country.
Participants must be:
- Undergraduate or graduate level law school students (pursuing L.L.B., J.D., L.L.M. and other similar academic programs),
- Must hold citizenship from any African country, and
- Be aged between 18 and 28.
- LJD Week 2018 student contestants are requested to answer the following question in no more than 3500 characters: What legal initiatives or measures should the World Bank support or put in place to economically empower disadvantaged and vulnerable individuals and groups in your country with the intention of reducing poverty and boosting prosperity?
Submissions must be:
- Original and well-written in English.
- The proposal length should be no more than 3500 characters.
- Only one submission per entrant is allowed.
- Top two winners: will be invited on a fully financed trip to the World Bank Group Headquarters in Washington D.C. to present their proposals at the Law, Justice and Development Week 2018, to be held on November 5-9, 2018.
- Top seven submitters: will be able to publish their ideas on the LJD Week 2018 Blog endorsed by the Senior Vice President and World Bank Group General Counsel. These ideas will be circulated among all LJD Week 2018 participants and promoted through social media channels.
First Step: Fill the application here.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Esraa Elmaghraby/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Ahmad Samy/Egypt
Abdelaziz Ahmed / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team