Monday, January 7, 2019
Texas, United States.
LPI Summer Intern Program in Planetary Science
The LPI Summer Intern Program in Planetary Science provides undergraduate students with an opportunity to perform cutting-edge, peer-reviewed research, learn from widely respected planetary scientists, and discover exciting careers in planetary science.
Students have the opportunity to participate in enrichment activities, including NASA Johnson Space Center scientific visits, lectures, and career development workshops.
Many of today’s planetary science leaders got their start as LPI summer interns. Every career starts somewhere, and we encourage you to join us as you embark on your journey.
The benefits of the internship:
- Gain valuable research experience
- Develop new skills and refine others
- Meet and work with professionals, establishing contacts for letters of reference and networking
- Experience a new work environment
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Lunar Science and Exploration
- Planetary Remote Sensing and Spectroscopy
- Image Processing
- Planetary Geology and Surface Processes
- Impact Studies
- Geophysical Data Analysis and Modeling
- Physics and Chemistry of Planetary Atmospheres
- Meteorites and Sample Analysis
- Interplanetary Dust and Presolar Grains
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
The 10-week program runs from June 3, 2019–August 8, 2019.
- Applicants will be considered for appointment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, national origin, age, handicap status, or other non-merit factors.Selection is based on these criteria:
- Scholarship, curriculum, and experience.
- Career objectives and scientific interest.
- Match of applicant’s interest with available research projects.
- Citizens of U.S. State Department Designated Countries are not eligible.
- Selected interns will receive a $7,300 stipend to cover of the program.
- Additionally, financial support up to $1,000 is offered to interns who submit an accepted abstract as the first author to the upcoming Lunar and Planetary Science Conference.
First step: You will need to apply using the online- Paper applications will not be accepted- application form here.
Second step: Once you begin the application, you must complete all of the questions:
1. Your personal information, Scholastic information, your areas of interest, some biographical Information in an essay-style question.
2. Transcripts and letters of recommendation may be submitted independently but must be received by January 7, 2019, 11:59 p.m., CST, for your application to be considered. It is preferred that letters of recommendation be submitted from faculty at your current institution; however, recommendations may be submitted by other relevant persons
3. A proof of English proficiency or a letter from one of the professors in the English department at your university confirming that you have sufficient spoken and written English language skills, to successfully participate in our internship program
Third step: Upon submission, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with your application number and a link to view the status of your reference letters. You are required to submit three reference letters to qualify for the program.
Note: Be sure to include your application number in the address you provide to your registrar.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Radwa Ragab/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Hager Abosedaira/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team