10 May 2019
Makerere University- Mastercard Foundation scholars program 2019/2020
Since 2014, Makerere University in partnership with Mastercard Foundation, has provided scholarships at the undergraduate level to academically talented, yet financially disadvantaged students from Sub-Saharan Africa.
Makerere University is now pleased to announce 455 undergraduate scholarship opportunities (388 young women and 67 young men) for national (with ratio of 89%) and international (with ratio of 11%) students joining the University for academic year 2019-2020.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
1. College Of Agricultural And Environmental Sciences
2. College of Business and Management Sciences
3. College of Computing and Information Sciences
4. College Of Education And External Studies
5. College Of Engineering, Design, Art And Technology
6. College of Health Sciences
7. College of Humanities and Social Sciences
8.College of Natural Sciences
9. College of Veterinary Medicine, Animal Resources and Biosecurity
10. School of Law
For more information about the specifications of each college click here.
ALL AFRICAN COUNTRIES.
2 years (May be more according to the program of study).
- Must be admitted to study at Makerere University main campus for the academic year 2019/2020. This means that in order to fit within the Makerere University admission guidelines, all Scholarship applicants should endeavor to apply for admission when Makerere University advertises for private sponsorship.
- Must be from an economically disadvantaged background, and a citizen of any country in Africa.
- Should exhibit academic excellence in either Sciences or Arts with a minimum of 11 points for girls and 15 Points for boys obtained in U.A.C.E (Uganda Grading System) or its equivalent in 2016, 2017 and 2018.
- Must demonstrate leadership potential and commitment to social betterment.
- Must have a record of community service.
- Should not be a holder of any other Scholarship.
- Should not have completed any Diploma or Undergraduate studies.
- Should not be a registered student of any university or tertiary institution.
- Whereas both young men and women applicants are eligible,
young women applicants will be given priority.
Recipients of this scholarship are provided with comprehensive financial, academic as well as social and leadership development support for the entire period of their study at the University.
First Step: Fill in the application form using this link.
A completed application should include the following:
- Three Passport size photographs with the applicant’s name written at the back in block letters. (Paste one to the form and two should be submitted in an envelope).
- A copy of the applicant’s Birth Certificate.
- Photocopies of primary leaving examination, Ordinary level, and Advanced level certificates of education
- Photocopies of A level bank slips.
- Copies of death certificate(s) of biological parent (s) (if applicable).
- Copies of report card for term one and two of senior six
- Hand drawn physical map of LC I /Village of residence with clear directions of how to get to the home of residence (indicate approximate distances in kilometers from the main road).
- Endorsement by the Head Teacher of the A-level School attended in Section G (signed and stamped).
- Endorsement by the LC 1 of the District of Residence in Section H (signed and stamped)
- Recommendation from the former sponsoring organization where applicable
Only successful applicants will be notified at every step of the scholarship application process, and the decision of the Selection Committee will be final in the awarding of the scholarship.Those applicants who will not have heard from us by 24th August, 2019 should consider their application unsuccessful.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Maria Medhat / Egypt “
Reviewed by “ Ahmed Hussein / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team