14 February 2020
Scotland, Crete, France and the Netherlands
Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree in Aquaculture, Environment and Society Plus (EMJMD ACES\ACES+)
The Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree in Aquaculture, Environment and Society Plus (EMJMD ACES+) will give you a unique opportunity to study in up to four centres of European excellence in aquaculture research and learning; Scotland, Crete, France and the Netherlands. It will also allow you to gain the practical and theoretical skills needed for a successful career in aquaculture through industry-led research programmes, internships and fieldwork.
Applications from EU and non-EU applicants are welcome – the course is aimed at students from all over the world. Erasmus Mundus scholarships cover tuition fees, travel and living expenses.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Marine Science
- Aquatic Science
- Environmental Studies
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent; second class or higher at Honours level) in one of the fields of biological or environmental sciences. An appropriate background could include; aquaculture-related studies, marine science and/or resources, aquatic biology, biology, or environmental sciences linked to the field of marine science and fisheries; and
- For non-UK students, a Secure English Language Test (i.e. IELTS) certificate (applicants must achieve an overall score of 6.5 in this test and a minimum of 6.0 in all four components).
- We particularly welcome applications from mature students and/or those with practical working experience in the aquaculture industry.
English Language Requirements:
If English is not your first language, then you must have;
- A Secure English Language Test (SELT), i.e. IELTS Academic qualification. Please note, if you have taken an IELTS test on or after 6 April 2015 it will only be considered a SELT if it is was taken at an approved test centre and is an ‘IELTS test for UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI) purposes’. This test will have a ‘UKVI number’ on the results certificate. The IELTS must be taken as an academic test.
– If you have any questions about IELTS or taking an IELTS tests, please contact us or have a look at the IELTS website
- Erasmus Mundus scholarships cover tuition fees, travel and living expenses.
First Step: To apply for a place on our next intake (2020-2022) you will need to complete in full two application forms – a University of the Highlands and Islands (UHI) and ACES application form.
Second Step: Once you have completed the forms, please email these, along with all supporting documents, as a single PDF file to Helen Bury at [email protected] by 14 February 2020.
Third Step: The following documents should be emailed as a single PDF file:
- Completed EMJMD ACES+ application form (in Microsoft Word) in English, which must include a 350-word motivation (or personal) statement and 350-word statement giving information or examples of your previous experience in the field of aquaculture;
- Completed UHI International application form (applicable to ALL students, including European). This is a standard UHI form which must be completed in English. Please note, for the section on ‘Course Details’ please insert UHI-SAMS and please leave blank the ‘Personal Statement’ as this information collected in your EMJMD ACES+ application form, as above;
- Curriculum vitae (CV) in freestyle format;
- A professional reference (of 500-800 words) – please see section on Professional References for further guidance on how this should be prepared;
- Copy of your passport;
- Copy of your degree certificate (plus certified translation into English if applicable);
- Copy of your transcript of marks (plus certified translation into English if applicable); and
- Copy of your Secure English Language Test (i.e. IELTS) certificate, which is valid until the end of Sept 2020. You must achieve an overall score of 6.5 in your IELTS test and have obtained this qualification by the time you apply for the EMJMD ACES+ course).
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Amina Hamed / Egypt “
Reviewed by” Rahaf Elkhodary/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team