1 March 2020 for programmes taught in English.
1 February 2020 for programmes taught in Dutch.
[email protected] Scholarships 2020
Motivated and talented international students interested in participating in an international master programme of the Faculty of Science of the KU Leuven are invited to apply for a scholarship.
For the following masters you can apply for the Scholarship :
- Master of Chemistry
- Master of Geography
- Master of Physics
- Master of Statistics
Students applying for the QASS-programme of the Master of Statistics are excluded from the [email protected] Scholarship, since this programme requires a master diploma.
For more information about Master Scholarship Programmes Here.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
Applicants must meet and prove the following requirements:
- The applicants have not studied or worked at the University of Leuven before.
- The applicants have a bachelor degree from a foreign university that gives them access to the master programme they are applying for.
- The applicants have not yet acquired a master degree or a Ph.D.
- The applicants can prove excellent study results during their former training.
- The applicants can prove a very strong knowledge of English (TOEFL minimum score of 94 or IELTS minimum score 7).
- The applicants show strong motivation to follow a master programme at the Faculty of Science of the KU Leuven.
- The applicants are willing to act as an ambassador for the programme.
- The students that have been awarded a scholarship will be asked to sign a contract that stipulates the conditions of acceptance.
For more information about Eligibility Requirements Here.
For more information about Languages Requirements Here.
The scholarship covers:
- The amount of the scholarship can be up to 10.000 Euro for 1 year. The Board of the [email protected] Fund will decide exactly how much a scholarship will be. The scholarship will always cover the tuition fee for 1 year, the insurance and a basic health insurance coverage. The amount awarded for living expenses can vary.
- If a student is awarded the full scholarship of 10.000 Euro, it is still advisable to bring some extra money.
- Most master programmes of the Faculty of Science are two-year programmes. The scholarship for the second master year will only be continued on the condition that the student had outstanding results the first master year.
For more information about amount of Scholarship Here.
1. Apply for the master programme of your choice through the application tool of the KU Leuven. Please read the application instructions carefully.
2. Upload the following information via the KU Leuven application tool:
- A complete list of course titles for which you have obtained a credit. Indicate the course size (in ECTS-credits) and the result you obtained, preferably according to the ECTS-scale; if a different scale is used, please provide a summary explanation on the meaning of the scores.
- Provide a short (about one half to one page) description according to the standard guidelines for an ECTS-study guide for the courses that you deem most relevant for the master that you are considering.
- Two reference letters of internationally renowned professors.
- A letter of motivation for the programme.
3. When you have completed and submitted your application for the master’s programme, you will get a message on the screen that you succesfully submitted the application.
4. IMPORTANT! Take a screen shot of this message. You will have to upload the screenshot when you register for the [email protected] Scholarship.
5. Apply for the [email protected] Scholarship via this link.
6. your registration is complete after you have received an email stating that you have been registered for the [email protected] Scholarship.
- You can apply for the scholarship immediately after you have applied for a certain programme, you do not need to wait until you are accepted by the master’s programme. However your application for the scholarship will not be considered when it is clear that you will not be accepted for the master’s programme.
For more information about How to Apply Here.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Esraa Mohammed Hashem / Egypt “
Reviewed by “Mohamed Magdi Eweda/ Egypt “MARJ3 Intern
MARJ3 Scholarships team