1 May 2020 at 17:00 GMT
MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program 2020/2021 at Kwane Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST provides academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa with access to quality university education. The Program offers an opportunity for its scholars to receive holistic training that empowers them to be change leaders.
The Scholars Program embodies an array of services including mentorship, cultural transition, etc. that will lead to the scholar’s academic success, community engagement and transition to employment opportunities which will further the goal of social and economic transformation of Africa.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
For more information about the courses offered by the university click here.
EGYPT, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST provides academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa with access to quality university education.
Depends on the course you applied for.
The opportunity is open to:
- All Applicants with WASSCE or GBCE or ABCE or GCE O’Level and A’Level or their equivalent Results from an accredited/recognised institution and Certificate Ready and meets KNUST’s Admission Requirements. NO AWAITING RESULTS candidate will be accepted. Applicant’s result must be at least a year old.
- The Applicant must demonstrate that he/she has Critical Economic Needs.
- The Applicant must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement(s).
- The Applicant must be prepared to Go-Back and Give-Back to his or her Community
Note: Priority shall be given to:
- Displaced Persons (Certified Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons, etc.).
- Persons with Disability.
The scholarship covers:
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation and monthly stipend).
- Counselling Support Services
- Career Development Services (including Industrial Mentorship, Career Guidance, Professional Development, Enterprise Development amongst others)
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholars’ capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning and tutoring.
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community services and mentoring.
- Uniquely sourced internships with industry for Professional development.
- The prestige of becoming part of and network with the growing family of the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Alumni and the Global Scholars Community.
First Step: Apply for the bachelor degree of KNUST University from here.
Second Step: Make Sure that you have the following documents:
- A copy of your WASSCE/Senior High School Certificate. (You would be required to present the original copy of your certificate in person if you are shortlisted for an interview). Please note that you must have your High School Certificate as at the time of making this application.
- A minimum of three reference letters signed and sealed independently by a person of higher reputation.
- An evidence of the income of parents/guardian. E.g. Copies of the payslips of your parents/guardian. (if applicable)
- High school transcripts/terminal reports covering last three (3) years.
- A copy of your birth certificate. 6. Attach any other relevant documents that you believe will support your application.
- International applicants are expected to have passports ready for onward travel to Ghana should their application be successful. (Attach a copy of the bio data page of your valid passport if you already have one)
Third Step: Download a copy of the 2020/2021 application form here.
Fourth step: Completed application forms should be sent via courier (EMS/DHL/Fedex) to the following address:
The Program Manager
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST Secretariat
℅ Office of the Dean of Students
Private Mail Bag
KNUST, Kumasi, Ghana
Note: When submitting your scholarship application form to the Secretariat, submit these additional documents
- The printout of your application for admission at KNUST.
- Original Certificates for both O’Level and A’Level results or their equivalent.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Mohanad Ashraf/ Egypt “
Reviewed by”Ahmed Elgarf/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team