6 September 2018
Sports Scholarships – Adam Gilchrist Sports Award
This award, named after Australian cricketer and University of Wollongong ambassador, Mr Adam Gilchrist AM, is an annual title which is bestowed on two recipients, at either undergraduate or postgraduate level, in the Autumn semester (which begins in September).
The University of Wollongong in Dubai (UOWD) is a renowned institution of higher education, recognized in the UAE and internationally for its teaching excellence and distinguished research portfolio.
Specializations for studying on this opportunity:
-Finance and Accounting Masters Degree:
- Master of Applied Finance (Islamic Banking and Finance)
- Master of Applied Finance (Financial services)
- Master of Applied Finance (Corporate Treasury)
- Master of Applied Finance (Investing)
-Business and Management:
- Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree
- Master of Quality Management
- Master of Business (Management)
- Master of Business (Innovation and Entrepreneurship)
- Master of Business (Financial Management)
- Master of Business (International Business)
- Master of Business (Marketing)
- Master of Business (Human Resource Management)
- Master of Science (Logistics)
- Graduate Certificate in Business
- Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management
- Graduate Certificate in Marketing
-Engineering and Information Sciences:
- Master of Engineering Management (MEM)
- Master of Information Technology Management (MITM)
- Master of Engineering Asset Management
- Graduate Certificate In Engineering Asset Management
-Arts and Humanities:
- Master of Media and Communications (MMC) Degree
- Master of International Studies (MIST) Degree (globalisation, diplomacy, economics, international law, labour, migration, culture, media, environment and security).
- Master of Educational Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Educational Studies
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES
From 18 to 24 Months
Applicants for the Adam Gilchrist Sports Award must be a current and selected representative member of a sport (individual or team) in which UOWD fields an official team and/or competes on a regular basis. These include: football, basketball (Men’s and Women’s), volleyball, table tennis and cricket. You must participate at the emirate/state, national or international level and the sport must be sanctioned, authorised and/or controlled by a representative body (an association, federation, or committee) at a state, national or international level.
In addition, applicants should meet the following criteria:
- For postgraduate applicants, a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 out of 4.0 or equivalent is required.
- Applicants must meet all of the academic and admission criteria to be admitted to the University of Wollongong in Dubai and be intending to enrol in the relevant semester for which they have applied:
-Graduate Foundation Course
-Credit For Prior Learning
-English Language Requirements
For detailed information about the requirements above, click Here
- If successful, the applicant must become an active member of the UOWD team in the sport for which the Scholarship is awarded.
Requirements to Retain the Sports Scholarship
Scholarships awarded to students are reviewed at the end of each semester (unless otherwise stated). In order to retain a Scholarship, students must meet the following criteria:
- Enrol in a minimum of 2 subjects (mandatory) in Autumn and Spring (for students on a UOWD sponsored visa only)
- Maintain a WAM of ≥ 65 at the end of each semester
- Receive no “Fail” (F or TF) grades
* In addition to the academic achievements required, Adam Gilchrist Sports Award recipients must have actively participated in all practice sessions and competitions for the UOWD sports team on which they are a member. Sports participation will be assessed by the Sports Coordinator. A brief report will be submitted to the Scholarship Committee at the end of the Autumn semester, and a full report will be submitted at the end of Spring semester.
Scholarship holders failing to meet the above requirements will no longer be entitled to retain their scholarship and will
It offers the recipients a 50% bursary on their tuition fees for the duration of their studies (subject to maintaining specified academic standards, sporting participation and enrolment criteria).The scholarships do not include textbooks, excursions, accommodation, living expenses or any other costs involved in undertaking study.
- Apply for the postrgraduate courses, generally, from APPLY NOW
- Press Create New Application
- Fill in your personal, contact, course application, English Proficiency and Academic Background deatils
- Attach the required documents.
- Submit your Application
- Wait for an email from the university to have your student ID Number.
- Apply for the scholarship form from Here
- Select the type of the scholarship
- Attach the required documents
- Enter the UOWD student ID number
- Fill in your personal information
- Submit your Application
Know more about this opportunity:
For further information regarding UOWD Scholarships you can contact Student Recruitment on +9714 278 1800 or [email protected]
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Alaa Faramawy/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Norhan Bekheet/ Egypt“
“ Ahmed Sakr / Egypt”
MARJ3 Scholarships team