-Deadline for the Program: February 22nd, 2019
-Deadline for the Scholarship: March 22nd, 2019 by 17:00 hrs GMT
London, United Kingdom.
LLM (Master of Laws) Partial Scholarships At Queen Mary University of London
The School of Law offers a range of LLM law masters programmes, each leading to the award of a Queen Mary University of London LLM degree. Whichever programme you decide to follow, you will be dealing with complex issues systematically and creatively.
If you are awarded a partial scholarship you may be asked to assist the Law Marketing Team with marketing activities such as the postgraduate law open evenings and student profiles and videos.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
The School of Law are offering 10 partial LLM scholarships worth £10,0000 each for any of the following programmes:
- LLM Art, Business and Law
- LLM Banking and Finance Law
- LLM Commercial and Corporate Law
- LLM Comparative and International Dispute Resolution
- LLM Competition Law
- LLM Computer and Communications Law
- LLM Criminal Justice
- LLM International Economic Law
- LLM Energy and Natural Resources Law
- LLM Environmental Law
- LLM European Law
- LLM Human Rights Law
- LLM Immigration Law
- LLM Insurance Law
- LLM Intellectual Property Law
- LLM International Business Law
- LLM International Shipping Law
- LLM Master of Laws (General)
- LLM Legal Theory
- LLM Media Law
- LLM Medical Law
- LLM Public International Law
- LLM Tax Law
- LLM Law and Economics
- LLM in Regulation and Compliance
- LLM in computer and communication law (Distance learning)
- LLM Sorbonne Law School
- MA Regulation and Compliance
- LLM Regulation and Compliance
- MSc Law and Finance
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, MOROCCO, LIBYA, SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN, MAURITANIA, TURKEY, IRAN, CYPRUS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
1 year for full-time studies.
You must have an offer of study before you apply for a scholarship. If you submit an application without an offer of study (either conditional or unconditional) your scholarship application will be disregarded. The program is available for full time study only.
Applying for the program: Apply for the program as early as possible and no later than 22 February 2019.
- Admission is based solely on academic merit. The usual qualification for entry to the LLM programme is a degree in law, or a degree with a substantial law content, normally of at least upper-second class honours (or equivalent).
- Non-law graduates with good honours, who have also obtained the equivalent of good honours in CPE and Bar Finals/Legal Practice examinations, or passed the solicitors’ qualifying examination, may qualify. Law graduates with high 2.2 honours and at least five years professional legal experience may also qualify. Non-law graduates may be considered on the basis of exceptional professional experience that directly relates to specialist LLM taught courses.
Applying for the Scholarship: The deadline for submission of the scholarships application is 22 March 2019 by 17.00 hrs GMT. Students must have an offer of study (either conditional or unconditional) for the LLM before applying for funding.
- The Partial Scholarships are open to applicants who have an offer of study on the full-time option of the programmes listed above only and are not open to those with an offer on a part-time programme.
- You must have a full time offer of study (either conditional or unconditional) in place before you can apply for funding. You will be required to apply for the scholarship via the online application link.
NOTE: If you have applied for funding elsewhere and are successful in receiving such funding you must inform the school immediately. In the event that you are awarded funding elsewhere the school will withdraw your application. If you are awarded one of the partial scholarships and are then awarded funding elsewhere the offer of being awarded the School of Law partial scholarship will be withdrawn. Please note that scholarships cannot be deferred.
- The partial scholarships cover the partial cost of tuition only in the form of a fee waiver.
- The scholarships do not cover additional course costs (books etc.) or accommodation fees.
- Scholarships are not payable directly to successful applicants but are off set against your student fee invoice.
First Step: Application for the program:
You must apply first for one of the offered LLM courses you want to study full-time by clicking here and selecting your desired speciality. Then select the “Apply now full-time” button.
You will be directed to the online application form. You need to create an account then fill out all the requested sections which are:
- Personal Details
- Contact Details
- Personal Statement
- Other Information
Second Step: Application for the Scholarship:
Please combine the following supporting documents in ONE COMBINED PDF DOCUMENT and save this document under your full name:
1) Transcripts of your law degree (and any other relevant legal qualifications)
2) 1000 word max response to the following:
”Please explain why you want to study at Queen Mary University of London, School of Law, specifying the area of law and the modules you have a particular interest in. What you will bring to the programme and why you feel you should be awarded a scholarship; focusing on your academic and professional achievements (if relevant) and financial need”.
3) A full Curriculum Vitae
4) One reference letter. This can be a copy of the reference submitted as part of your programme application or, if not available to you, you must obtain a reference specifically for this scholarship application.
– Individual documents that are scanned and sent as multiple files are not accept.
– JPEG files or photographs of documents are not accepted. All of your documents must be legible and clear and sent as ONE PDF file.
Third Step: Your ONE COMBINED PDF DOCUMENT can now be uploaded.
- By clicking the ‘upload link’ on the application form it will open up a separate window which will take you to the ‘file upload section’. Follow the instructions carefully on the ‘file upload section’. Make sure that your PDF document is saved under your full name.
- Once you have typed in your full name, email address and uploaded your ONE COMBINED PDF document (with your supporting documents) on the ‘file upload section’ you will be able to click ‘submit’.
- Once you click ‘submit’ you will see the following message ‘Your file has been uploaded successfully in my Google Drive’. This is NOT confirmation that we have received your complete application. This is only confirmation that you have uploaded your ONE COMBINED PDF document successfully.
- You MUST return to the application form and click submit on the form.
Fourth Step: Once you have thoroughly read steps 2 AND 3 you are now ready to upload your ONE COMBINED PDF document. If for any reason the link does not open a separate window for you, simply copy and paste the link into a new tab or window.
Remember to return to the application form and click ‘submit’ after you have successfully uploaded your ONE COMBINED PDF document.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Mariem Memmi / Tunisia “
Reviewed by” Salma Aittaleb/Morocco and Alyaa Abdelraouf/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team