30 April 2020
Australia Awards Scholarship
Australia Awards scholarships are prestigious international awards offered by the Australian Government to the next generation of global leaders for development. Through study and research, recipients develop the skills and knowledge to drive change and help build enduring people-to-people links with Australia. Scholarships are open to Palestinian residents of the West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem.
Applicants will be assessed on their professional and personnel qualities, academic competence and, most importantly, their potential to impact on development challenges in the Palestinian Territories. Applications from women and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
For a list of Participating Institutions, click here.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Public policy (including public financial management).
Note: Australia Awards scholarships in the Palestinian Territories do not support medical degrees.
for more information Here
One to two years.
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age on 1 February of the year of commencing the scholarship.
- Be a citizen of Palestine and be residing in and applying for the scholarship from their country of citizenship.
- Not be a citizen of Australia, hold permanent residency in Australia or be applying for a visa to live in Australia permanently.
- Not be married to, engaged to person who holds, or is eligible to hold, Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency.
- Not be current serving military personnel.
- To have not previously received a long-term Australia Award.
- Have a documented Academic IELTS score of at least 6.5.
- Priority will be given to candidates who do not already hold a master’s degree.
- Must be an employee of the Palestinian Authority with at least two years’ experience.
- Must have the support of their Ministry and must return to work in their ministry on completion of the scholarship.
- Have a bachelor’s degree.
- Receive a final endorsement from their ministry.
For more information click here.
- Return air travel.
- A one-off establishment allowance on arrival.
- Full tuition fees.
- Contribution to living expenses.
- Introductory academic program.
- Overseas student health cover for the duration of the scholarship.
- Supplementary academic support.
- Fieldwork allowance for research students and masters by coursework which has a compulsory fieldwork component.
First Step: Applicants must apply online.
Second Step: Must provide the following:
- A certified copy of the original formal degree graduation certificate.
- Certified copy of original formal academic transcript/s and, if not in English, a certified translation copy of the transcript/s.
- A certified copy of a citizenship document (e.g. passport or national identity card).
- A certified copy of the original birth certificate and, if not in English, a certified translation.
- A curriculum vitae (CV).
- two academic referee reports. Find the template here.
- A certified copy of the original English language test (IELTS OR TOEFL).
For more information click here
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Shahenda Hisham/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Nourhan Ashraf/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team