1st deadline: 10 January 2020.
2nd deadline: 7 February 2020.
ARES master’s and internship scholarships in Belgium.
Scholarships for masters and training courses offer you the chance to pursue a one-year specialized master’s degree program or a 4-to-6-month advanced training course within a higher education institution of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation, Belgium.
The Academy of Research and Higher Education (ARES) is an organization of public interest financed by the Federation Wallonie-Bruxile lles and created by the decree “Landscape” of November 7, 2013, that brings together 127 higher education institutions. Its role is to ensure the overall coordination of their activities and to encourage them to develop collaborations.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Master’s degree in Development, Environment and Societies.
Master of specialization in human rights.
- Master of specialization in Aquatic Resources Management and Aquaculture.
- Master of specialization in risk and disaster management.
- Specialized Master in Integrated Risk Management in the Global South (IManHR).
- Specialized Master in International and Development Economics.
Master of Specialization in Transfusion Medicine.
- Specialized Master in Microfinance.
- Master of specialization in integrated production and preservation of natural resources in urban and peri-urban areas.
Specialized Master in Public Health Methodology.
- Master of Specialization in Public Health Sciences – Research Methods Applied to Global Health.
Master’s degree in Environmental Science and Management in Developing Countries.
- Master of specialization in transport and logistics.
- Internship in control and quality assurance of medicines and health products.
- Research internship for health systems strengthening.
- Internship in geographical information system.
- Internship in valorization of secondary resources for a sustainable construction.
- Methodological internship in support of innovation in family farming.
English & French.
- 1 Year for Master’s Degree Program.
- 4 to 6 Months for the Internship Program.
- Be a citizen of a developing country. To be eligible, applicants must be residing and working in their country of origin when they apply.
- Only nationals of the following countries may apply for grants from ARES: Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cuba, Ecuador, Ethiopia (only for training courses in English), Haiti, Madagascar, Morocco, Niger, Peru, the Philippines, the DR Congo, Rwanda, Senegal, and Vietnam.
- Be under the age of 40 for degree programs, and under 45 for training courses, at the time the training is scheduled to begin.
- Have earned a diploma comparable to a graduate-level diploma from Belgian university studies. Nevertheless, for certain training courses, different requirements may be requested.
- Possess relevant professional experience in a developing country of at least two years after graduate studies, or of three years after their studies if the applicant has earned a post-grad degree from a university in an industrialized country.
- Have a good mastery of written and spoken French. For training courses held in another language, it is essential to have a proper level in the course’s language, both written and spoken. The applicant must commit to learn French in order to take part in daily life in Belgium.
- Apply for only one training course.
Amounts for a Master’s Scholarship:
- International travel costs: economy-class travel on an IATA-approved airline, with a maximum of one round-trip ticket per academic year.
- Living allowance:1150 €/month for a duration of 12 months.
- Indirect mission fees:150 €. This amount is given once per stay, upon arrival of the grantee.
- Arrival allowance, tuition, and return fees 700 €. This amount is given once per stay, upon arrival of the grantee.
- Registration fees at the current rate for DGD grantees.
- Insurance fees directly paid by ARES.
- Travel costs that are part of inter-university training reimbursed based on real costs incurred, with receipts provided.
Amounts for a training course grant:
- International travel cost; economy-class travel on an IATA-approved airline, one round-trip ticket.
- Living allowance; 83 €/day for stays lasting 8 to 17 days; 1400 €/month for stays lasting 18 days to 1 month (set amount); 1400 €/month for stays lasting 1 to 6 months, prorated to the number of days
- Indirect mission fees 150 €. This amount is given once per stay, upon arrival of the grantee.
- Insurance fees directly paid by ARES.
- Travel expenses in the framework of inter university trainings reimbursed based on the real incurred, with receipts provided.
First Step: Fill out the application form here.
Second Step: It must be carefully completed and sent to ARES (rue Royale 180, 1000 Brussels, Belgium) BY POST or EXPRESS DELIVERY SERVICE ONLY, which must have received it by 7 FEBRUARY 2020* at the latest.
Third Step: All applicants selected and on reserve status will receive an e-mail when selections are made (June 2020).
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Marwa Raafat/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Hesham Galal / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team